BMW Werkz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im looking for some good quality lowering springs for about a 2 1/4 drop in the front and something less in the back not much though anyone got any ideas and or links that could help me?
Thanks
DAvid

·
Registered
569 Posts
I just installed some Ground Control coilovers on my 325i..Gave me the perfect drop I needed(1.75) but I also have 19's..If you wanna go around 2.25 I would suggest the H&R race springs...They are 2.2 in the front and I am not sure in the back, maybe 1.3? If not them then I think Eibach has some nice springs..Check a couple of the companies out...I would suggest maybe doing a spring/shock combo, I wish I would have now! The Tokico ILK setup looks nice but only does 1.25...Hope you find something good! Don't settle for something cheap!

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
if you lower that much you will need new shocks as well.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
1000 will get you a decent set up.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn another grand ive been finding those 4 numbers alot of places lately! but hey gotta pay for quality, so if i werent to change shocks, that makes your ride hella bumpy huh!? what if i only dropped it like 1 3/4 then would i still have to change my shocks?

David

·
Registered
569 Posts
I went with 1.75 and yes I need shocks! It isn't so bad until you hit a road that has a washboard in it or a nice hard bump..Not as bad as I am used to..I used to be a minitrucker..I have ridden on all 4 bumpstops before and watched the boobies bounce! lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
how low should i go if i was to put in a set of 17 inch wheels on my car? i am planning to get some springs for it tomorow and was wondering what is a good height that wont compromise the ride quality too much, my car isnt a sports car but i dont want it to look like a SUV

·
Registered
569 Posts
with 17's I would go between 1.5 and 1.75..Nice drop for some 17's..In fact I have a spare set of 2 piece 17's for my car that I haven't tried yet with my 1.75 drop..I may put them on next week after I get my alignment done.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Try Eibach or H&R, Bavauto.com also has some similiar springs for only $200 and their stuff is usually good quality.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Oh and Scarface do you have any pics of your exhaust, I see what you call it and I'm curious to see it.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I do not have anyfirst hand experience with RD, but from what I have read they tend to be stiffer and can lead to a harsher ride than others.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Originally posted by Andrewsd1985@Dec 15 2003, 03:58 AM
Oh and Scarface do you have any pics of your exhaust, I see what you call it and I'm curious to see it.
it looks like this, called twin silencer because it's like 2 mufflers in one, and i had the cats cut off, but it is tooo loud so my 2 high flow cats should be in tomorrow..I really hated to ditch the AC Schnitzer exhaust but it was rusted out and sounded nasty..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts