BMW Werkz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car came with the sports kit that supposedly includes sport suspension and 17in rims. How good is that sports suspension? And if I wanted to lower it, is the suspension tunable or do I have to get separate lowering springs? I am looking for an aggresive lowering job, but not to the point where i'm scraping every little bump in the road. In other words, I want it to be noticeable.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
personally my sports suspension is tight. i have no noticeable body roll in corners and it reacts to inputs as i wish. as far as i know it cannot be tuned.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
by tight i mean handling response not tight as in aww shit dawg is is tight looking

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx lwebb12 for the 411. funni clarifcation on the meaning of "tight" lol :lmao2

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
whats your price limit? if you got around $1500-$2000 then you could get a set of coilovers which allows you to adjust the ride height, and with the right dampers you could also adjust how firm or soft the ride is. although you could just buy some lowering springs for around 3-400. check out shox.com for the springs or check out bilsteins website (or ground control) for coilovers.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by lwebb12@Sep 4 2003, 08:19 PM
by tight i mean handling response not tight as in aww shit dawg is is tight looking
tight like a tiger?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
haha that is toight like a toiger

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just posted this as a reply to another thread so I copied and pasted it 4 u here:
H&R springs would be a mistake if you wanted to do a simple drop. With H&R's you have to buy shocks to support them because the stock shocks won't last long at all.
If you wanted to drop your car for looks only and still miantain the current feel of your car, go with UUC V2 springs. They're fantastic and I highly recomend them. I've had them for 5 months and love em'. My car also handles a bit better since it's lower.
If you wanted to drop your car for looks but also have the ability to track your car and adjust the height al leasure then go with PSS9's!! They rock!

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by coffee@Sep 15 2003, 07:45 AM
I just posted this as a reply to another thread so I copied and pasted it 4 u here:
H&R springs would be a mistake if you wanted to do a simple drop. With H&R's you have to buy shocks to support them because the stock shocks won't last long at all.
If you wanted to drop your car for looks only and still miantain the current feel of your car, go with UUC V2 springs. They're fantastic and I highly recomend them. I've had them for 5 months and love em'. My car also handles a bit better since it's lower.
If you wanted to drop your car for looks but also have the ability to track your car and adjust the height al leasure then go with PSS9's!! They rock!
Did you know that B+G suspension makes the springs for UUC. The springs can be had for $100 less than UUC's price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by L337E46+Sep 15 2003, 01:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (L337E46 @ Sep 15 2003, 01:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-coffee@Sep 15 2003, 07:45 AM
Did you know that B+G suspension makes the springs for UUC. The springs can be had for $100 less than UUC's price. [/b][/quote]
WHAT!!!!??????

Who is B&G? :confused

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by coffee+Sep 16 2003, 08:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (coffee @ Sep 16 2003, 08:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 01:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-coffee
@Sep 15 2003, 07:45 AM

Did you know that B+G suspension makes the springs for UUC. The springs can be had for $100 less than UUC's price.
WHAT!!!!??????

Who is B&G? :confused [/b][/quote]
http://www.b-gsuspension.com/

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm just gonna get that Billstein PSS9 Set. I believe my cars worth a very good suspension Set. :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by AssassinGT@Sep 16 2003, 03:19 PM
I'm just gonna get that Billstein PSS9 Set. I believe my cars worth a very good suspension Set. :)
:thumbs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts