BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 525i and i want to lower only the front end.
What method of lowering and what brand of parts do you all recommend to drop the front end only about 1 or 1.5" and maintaining a ride quality as close to stock as possible?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
if you just want front springs then you will probably have to buy them used. check out brands like H&R and Eibach for sets of 4 that will lower your car 1.3-1.6in for around $300. you will also have to get new, shorter, shocks. bilstein sports would be your best bet and should be a little over $300 aswell. or you could go with koni adjustables which would be around $500. mechanics will usually charge around 200-400 to install. of course you could just find 2 used springs for cheap off ebay or something and risk blowing your shocks and get what you want for around 100-200.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you you are on a tight budget then I would find a shop you trust and have them just heat and press your springs. Same effect, cheapest way and it won't affect your ride quality any more than if you pay for a set of springs. I did the exact thing to my 98 528 with no problems at all. I have since upgraded though to a set of KW adj. coil overs, the ride is much more harsh compared to when I just had my springs pressed, but the handling is improved by 100% over the stock set-up of course. In the the end it is about cost and what you are willing to take for a trade off. my 2c. :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts