BMW Werkz banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I did mean to use past tense. I had my silver 1998 M3 a year and it was the most fun I had driving a car in my 52 years.
It was totaled back in September 08 when I was broadsided in an intersection while I was waiting to make a left turn. Two girls, (the driver 23 years old), hit me doing 70 mph while running from the police. None of the airbags opened and I almost died.
I joined the forum because I will be parting out the M3 when the attorney is done with it, about a year. I have also posted the front end bra for sale in the classifieds forum. If you are interested in the future M3 parts, or the currently available car bra my contact information is posted in the Classifieds forum

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Life Is Short Indeed!

..........now get another one. Life is short-enjoy
This incident has made me realize that your life can end in a blink of an eye and that you may never realize what happened to you.
As far as the M3 goes I did love that car but I replaced it with a 2005 Corvette. You all may not like this but I must say I like the Corvette a little better. Way faster and handles just as well.

· Premium Member
1,706 Posts
This incident has made me realize that your life can end in a blink of an eye and that you may never realize what happened to you.
True, and not to state the obvious or anything but you definitely have a much clearer grasp of that concept than most do. I think we all know it to be a possibility, but I know it takes an event like yours to really understand it.

As far as the M3 goes I did love that car but I replaced it with a 2005 Corvette. You all may not like this but I must say I like the Corvette a little better. Way faster and handles just as well.
Nothing wrong with a Corvette. There's another member on here who traded in their BMW for a Vette. At least you didn't downgrade or anything. I'd love to own one someday. :thumbs

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guilty as charged about of loving my car.

I do love my cars to the point I won't let my wife drive the Vette. She complains that I park way out in the boondox, yet her car looks like someone took target practice on it with a BB gun.
I just finished a 20 year project restoring a 1972 Chevrolet "Longhorn" Pickup.
I will try to post some pics to see if I can do it.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.