BMW Werkz banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been reading these forums for a while but this is my first question. I have an E30 316 -- not the 325 or M3 we all want but it is my first car and seems a great place to start. I've owned it for about 4 weeks and had no major problems, and still feel like I'm being spoilt driving it.

Recently though when I accelerate, there seems to be an extra rattling coming from behind the driver-side (RHD, I'm British). This didn't happen when I was cruising with a foot covering the gas or slowing, but when I pushed the gas any more than lightly there was a faint rattle. No loss of power, no odd smells, there has always been an uneven idle -- something which I intend to fix as I learn more about the car -- so everything seems fine. Odd. So last night I popped the bonnet and looked for any obvious loose stuff that could be causing it. I found this hose had worked itself loose.

I don't know but I'm guessing it has something to do with the cabin heater(?) seeing as it comes out from the air filter and looks like it went through a hole into the cabin. Am I right? If not, what is it, and how do I go about putting it back securely?

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts