1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
May James rest in peace... The driver of the Red E46 M3 and the passenger walked out with some broken bones and burns. James was wedged in the back of the M3 screaming and screaming. It had flipped over. The car was sparking and leaking gas and I don't know if the driver shut the car off or not. Eventually the M3 caught fire and exploded and James burned to death wedged in the back of the M3. May he rest in peace. Moderator please sticky these threads under regional and driving tales.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
SUPPOSEDLY THE GUY IN THE BLACK E46 M3

SPED OFF RIGHT AFTER THE CRASH...

If anyone has more info please post here....

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Unbelievable. What a horrible way to go. I can't even imagine being there and hearing the guy screaming, his family can't even have a proper burial for him.

If we ever needed a reason, this is it.

Can anyone in Cali find and post the newspaper article? If it exists.

·
Registered
487 Posts
James RIP, the other guy racing with his family...what a fukin idiot.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
This is a tragedy..my condolences to his family and everyone involved....

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I read further through it, SoCal was driving with them (a Silver M3). Sombody posted they thought that was the passenger but that was clarified later. It wasn't clear what James SN was or on what site but apparently the 3 in the Imola Red M3 (BigMoney) were all friends with SoCalM3. i don't know any of these people, just recognise some screen names.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by L337E46@Oct 6 2003, 11:49 AM
SUPPOSEDLY THE GUY IN THE BLACK E46 M3

SPED OFF RIGHT AFTER THE CRASH...

If anyone has more info please post here....
On one of the boards (I think bimmerforums, which now seems to be down this afternoon) had pictures of the guy in the black M3 that left (pics appeared to be from Bimmerfest). My guess is police will want him for questioning. Even if he was driving ahead and never made contact, it wouldn't suprise me if charges are filed against him also. In most states, when 2 vehicles are perceived as racing, the driver of a non-contact vehicle can still be held joint and severally liable for the injuries created by the other vehicle. I don't know anything about how far ahead the other car was or if he even knew the wreck occurred.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
wow that is horrible

·
Registered
736 Posts
damn... I should stop going to LA crest for a while.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I can try to find a paper....

·
Registered
180 Posts
This is honestly one of the saddest things I've ever heard. My condolences go out to his family RIP James

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
RIP, this is a very sad story and best wishes to his family.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
this guy wasn't a member here, was he? that story is really sad

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think the driver was a reall asshole. I mean, wouldnt you rather have your friend alive, then having him dead, and having a totaled car? Some people just dont have their priorities straight.

RIP James

1 - 19 of 19 Posts