BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...we are looking at 1993 535I for sale that I have not yet inspected..ahem..(its my wife prospective car....) so Im looking for the usual info I would like to keep in mind when going over it any pertinent questions to ask...IF we (she ) is serious about buying it I do intend to cruise over to the dealership for an inspection..( I love the fault codes listed elswhere on this site!) frankly i see the woman is smitten with the comely bimmer so Its up to me to be the voice of reason here..hehehehe...such an unusual role..thanks all.. :help

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I'm not as familiar with pre-1997 5 series but I would look for the usual things as on a higher mileage car. Belts/hoses has the timing chain been replaced and just general evidence of maintenance. Because BMW's have the "maintenance light' that comes on when it is time for oil changes or regular maintenance, and most owners don't have the reset tool to shut off the light, they usually are well maintained as the owners need to take it in for service to get the service light reset. for the do-it-yourselfer, the reset tool can be purchased from most any BMW parts supplier such as Bavarian Auto.
The 3.5's I have ridden in have had excellent power and BMW reliability is usually excellent

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Sounds to me gabymatt that you are not a fan of bimmers'..please correct me if I'm wrong but maybe the misses has some reasoning in her quest.. :dunno

1 - 3 of 3 Posts