BMW Werkz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at the tests done on a bunch of different mufflers. i was always set on get the rogue engineering cat-back but when i saw this picture i kinda changed my mind. does it look like those two pieces have to be welded together. (i dont want to have to go through a whole lot of trouble to get welding done, i just want to get a simple bolt on cat-back) By the way i was looking at this site.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Getting things welded on is really not that hard if you find the right place...me and my friends go to this little whole in the wall place with two lifts and like 5 azn people(no offense) that don't speak english, its called Old County Mufflers....they do all kinds of muffler work its awesome....just look in the phone book and call around some places....btw that exhaust looks good..

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
No welds, at least im pretty sure those are just slide and clamps

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Originally posted by Fox@Oct 10 2003, 12:05 PM
No welds, at least im pretty sure those are just slide and clamps
Slide and clamp would suck....after a while they would just come loose and rattle....the muffler would need to be welded onto those pipes....nothing big.....if you got a mig welder or know someone that does.....its a sinch.....but i wouldn't recommend sliding it in and clamping it.....it wouldn't sound the best...

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
welding really isnt that expensive, i am almost positive you could find a place to weld and install it for under $100. even a well known place like midas should be that cheap

·
Registered
31 Posts
go for the rogue.... :thumbs

I also like the remus, but didn't see it in the review you posted...

·
Registered
162 Posts
.. that can't be all exausts really are, can it? two metal tubes with a fat part??? for HOW MUCH money?jesus christ i can just as easily go to Home Depot and BUILD one of those for 30 bux, SHAPE it like a popular model and have the $800 sound for $100 after installation

·
Registered
371 Posts
Originally posted by fatty@Oct 12 2003, 04:18 PM
i got mine for my 328 from Autovouge. its made by Hamann and sounds the muts nuts....... cost me £400....

muts nuts? ...is that a good thing or a bad thing?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts