BMW Werkz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm new to this forum hoping the BMW crowd can help me out.
A friend at work is looking for a gift idea for her loved one.
Of course, BMW in nature.
Car is a 2002 330.

She is looking to spend between $200.00 - $300.00
Additionally, what BMW vendors are the best to work with, best prices, etc....

She has a short throw shifter in mind, but for the money, will there be a noticable performance upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

Ed

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Welcome.

Short shifter will cause a difference in fel, but it in no way upgrades performance. It just makes the throws between gears ... uh ... shorter. Shorter throw, less shifter travel, into/out of gears is faster. You get the picture I'm sure.

Suggestions:

Code tool (to check the engine codes yourself for troubleshooting)
CAI (Cold Air Intake)
Clear/Smoked tails, corners
Paint her bare body to mimic the BMW logo, wait patiently in front of door for him to come home, jump his bones. Cost is negligeable.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Originally posted by GreenDragon@Dec 3 2003, 05:15 AM
Paint her bare body to mimic the BMW logo, wait patiently in front of door for him to come home, jump his bones. Cost is negligeable.
hahaha...you could get the conforti software, you can feel a difference with it and its easy to install

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
the conforti software is a DIY??

what is the mod that requires you to send your car's computer to somebody for them to do the mod?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by KingScare@Dec 3 2003, 09:06 AM

what is the mod that requires you to send your car's computer to somebody for them to do the mod?

I think you are referring to the reprogram ECU? Not sure if the conforti software is a chip or a software that reprograms the ECU. But if you want to get the dinan software then they would need to reprogram your ECU which is not a chip.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by blackbmw330+Dec 3 2003, 01:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blackbmw330 @ Dec 3 2003, 01:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-KingScare@Dec 3 2003, 09:06 AM

I think you are referring to the reprogram ECU? Not sure if the conforti software is a chip or a software that reprograms the ECU. But if you want to get the dinan software then they would need to reprogram your ECU which is not a chip. [/b][/quote]
Both reprogram the ECU. Both are DIY. Both are around the 400$ US mark.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Humm..ok...cuz i was surfing the web and a certain web site said for the software upgrade you needed to send them your car's internal computer or whatnot....

i was just wondering what the deal was with that and the difference with a chip ... :screwy

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by KingScare@Dec 4 2003, 04:06 AM
Humm..ok...cuz i was surfing the web and a certain web site said for the software upgrade you needed to send them your car's internal computer or whatnot....

i was just wondering what the deal was with that and the difference with a chip ... :screwy
for e30 BMW's you did need to ship your ECU because they don't reprogram the EEPROM, they completely replace it. The e36 and up models have a reprogrammable EEPROM so you don't need to ship it to anyone.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
maybe he was referring to eurospeed performance's m50 manifold upgrade where you have to send out your ECU for them to install the aa tuning software. but yea, conforti software is definately DIY. it takes out the speed limiter, raises the rev limiter, and adds like 10 or so hp

1 - 10 of 10 Posts