BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sick of this key crap, trying to find the keyhole last night on the ice and I slipped and broke my ass on the ground.. I've got a 325i, I would rather Have a completely STOCK setup, with BMW remotes if they make them. I thought I heard from someone on here they sell plug in kits that I could basically install myself into my car?? TRUE or not?? thanks guys, really appreciate it.. :thumbs

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
yes their is an original keyless entry system for our cars

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it on bavauto.com probably? or do I have to go to the dealer to find out about it??

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
a lot of places have it

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I have a stellar keyless system. It was a little under 150 shipped and plugs directly into the factory port. All you have to do is remove the glove box (not as hard as it sounds, dont worry) and plug it in.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you just plugged it in, no adapter plugs required outside of the alarm kit?? then the key fabs worked perfect?? man, sounds like it can't be true, since my car didn't come with it in the first place...

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
yep, its all plug and play, not adapters or anything. It comes with two remotes you have to code learn by pressing lock within 10 seconds of plugging the unit in, and thats it. I got mine from bavauto. It also come with illustrated instructions on how to remove the GB.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may pick it up with the keyless and remote window setup... I dunno, or I might get the alarm also... I just wish the key fabs were authentic BMW fabs.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
its really not a big deal. I wanted it in the key too, but after awhile I started to like the separate remote more because it made my keys easier to find.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I remember asking the dealer guy how much the factory setup would cost, and i think he told me like $400 or so

·
Registered
103 Posts
Originally posted by El Presidente@Jan 5 2004, 07:36 PM
yep, its all plug and play, not adapters or anything. It comes with two remotes you have to code learn by pressing lock within 10 seconds of plugging the unit in, and thats it. I got mine from bavauto. It also come with illustrated instructions on how to remove the GB.
Yea dude...I love my stellar keyless. I bought it on the advice of El Presidente, and hot damn! I love this thing, it is SO convenient when I am in a hurry and such. One thing, it is a little difficult to put the glovebox back in, at least on my car it was, cause you gotta get the edges tucked back into the side. I could not, for hte life of me, figure out how to put the edges and corners back in, so I just left it as is. Its not really obvious cause its so far under the passengers feet. Another thing was that the placement of the reciever unit was a little tricky, there really isnt any place you can rest it inside the wiring compartment, but I finally stuck it between a clump of wires and let the antenna hang down, so its all good.

I dunno, maybe I am just retarded, but the actual installation was quite a bit trickier than the illustrated diagram portrayed it to be. For one thing, it takes a bit of finger acrobatics to get the reciever plug-in to the factory alarm port cause there are so many other thick clumps of wires in the way.
On a 1-10 scale, with 10 being incredibly easy to install, i give it an 8. The preformance, I would give it a perfect 100%! Any pains from installing are well worth it, considering the satisfaction of having a keyless, especially on these cold winter days up here in seattle.

Hope I could be of help

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
done deal, it's either stellar or the setup from the dealer.... I wonder if the dealer original kit is just plug in as well??

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
factory system uses the same install method to the T.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Stellar will do the trick lot cheaper than OEM

·
Registered
12 Posts
:help ..Is it available for all E36's? Mine's a 92. I would really like to surprise my wife with it, who complains about a car this nice not having a basic feature "that any rice would"...forgetting that this was made 12 years ago. Who remembers how huge old TV remotes looked like back then? No wonder it didn't have it. Key fob isn't important to me either.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
92+ are prewired, so you are good to go.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
you're right, they look identical; bavauto is where I purchased mine, and this is what it came with:

Im wary of those two websites becuase both are almost exactly alike though. And bav auto sells the stellar for less than that stellar site.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just ordered the BAVAUTO one. Does it come with detailed instructions on installation? (removing glove box)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts