BMW Werkz banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short... I was cruising @ over 100-135mph on I-5 today coming from Redding going to Sacramento Before the V1/your ghetto radar detector went off...

Did 100+ for a good hour and a half (V1 equipped of course... saved my ass 6 times)

Question is what's the longest window of time you have had going over 100MPH+

:drunk

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
about 30 seconds, then i get scared of getting a ticket.

what's your gas mileage like holding over 100mph for that long?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
maybe 30 seconds, then the road ran out.

where i live if you go 100+ for too long in any direction, you will end up in the pacific ocean.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
In my moms ford expedition i was crusin at 96-100 on I-5 on my our way to San Diego for probably 45min

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Nice Signature Asio.
I've done 90-100 for 45 minutes at a time driving back from Dallas on several occasions. Most recently in the Sequoia last week.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Originally posted by SoonerE39@Jul 23 2003, 01:48 PM
Nice Signature Asio.
I've done 90-100 for 45 minutes at a time driving back from Dallas on several occasions. Most recently in the Sequoia last week.
thx photoshop can do some really cool things... :rock

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Originally posted by DesmoBob@Jul 23 2003, 11:46 AM
maybe 30 seconds, then the road ran out.

where i live if you go 100+ for too long in any direction, you will end up in the pacific ocean.
so true...lol

my longest would have to be about 15 minutes at 125mph

my gas mileage at 125mph holds at 20mpg :rock

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
danm all you guys are nuts.... 100 is not a big deal but once I get around 115 i get scared....

lets say 2 minutes above 115 non stop !

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
yea i got scared doing 118 at 3800-4500rpm in 5th gear in ohio for about a min, saw a trooper going on the opposite direction so i slowed down, he turned around and got me at 77 in a 55. good thing it was just a ticket, nothing more. havent gone above 110 ever since.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
comin home from prom this year ( coming home i went south instead of north accidently and took me 30 miles out because i wasnt paying attention) it was 3 in the morning and i maxed out the e30 at 138 for a good 10 minutes. I stopped when i saw another car but i think i stayed around 100 for the rest of the trip

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
i was on my way down to florida from north carolina. this dude comes whipping by me in a jetta so i catch up and we did 105 for about 100 miles through SC. i stopped to get gas cause it is sucky at that speed. little do you know he was pulled over. yikes.

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
really late for work a few weekends ago after a night of drinking. needless my car fluxuated between speeds of 180kms to 240kms, i think i was doing 240kms for a good 2 mintues, (which isnt good for the car) i did an oil change that night. i got from home to work which usually takes an hour and 15-30 minutes , in 34 minutes.

·
Registered
878 Posts
i got up to 110 mph the other morning. it was really dark out...well...it was four in the morning. i just got off work and there was a stretch of freeway that wasn't visible to the oncoming side and there was only one car way ahead of me and none behind me. i stepped on it and flew down the road. made it to right around 110 mph. i whizzed by this other car like it was parked and then decided to tone it down, as there was a state police station a mile ahead. so, for about 30 sec. i was cruisin' in my "little wonder." (to quote david bowie) man it was nice. i need to go to germany and buy my next car...do the tour on the bitchin' roads they have out there and bring it home with me. maybe then i could have the real zoll plate. :wub:

·
Registered
52 Posts
120mph for about 10-15 mins in my 635csi @ 4am on the 101 through Santa Barbara had to do some serious downshifting to get off the freeway. :rock

·
Registered
29 Posts
I held 100-110 for a good hour with occasionally increases to 125 and one up to 140 for about 2 minutes or so. Please note, I was in a Mercedes C-Class Sedan on the German autobahn, the A-7, south of Wurzburg. :driving

Here in the states, held 100 for about 10 minutes on Ocean Parkway with one brief run up to 120. Then the road went to shjt and kicked it back to 80. Got off to catch the causeway north and immediately picked off K band. Was behind a VW jetta doing 40 on the ramp. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

:gulp

·
Registered
878 Posts
now the only problem with the autobahn part is the "mercedes" thing....eewwwwww... :p
had you said, "the z3 that i special ordered from the states and picked up oversea's....only to tour germany and parts of europe in." you would have been my hero.

:beerbuds :beerbuds :beerbuds

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Last week when I had a roadtrip to Arkansas, I tied my land speed record. 135-137 in the bimmer (Speed limiter removed by shark injector) It still had a little more to go (not much) but there was too much traffic/no radar detector/ and scared of the wife beating my ass if I got a ticket going over 100. :unsure:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts