BMW Werkz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if I put the key in the hole and turn it to lock it, it locks. Then it immediately unlocks. Then when I try it a second time, it locks and stays locked. Not sure if this is normal as I got the car like this but it has now driven me crazy enough to post for help. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
the contacts of the electrical part of your lock switch are either dirty or the electronic lock is going bad.

I think if you turn your key to the right a little more firmly, it will stay locked. If yes, time to open the panels and inspect; clean(if possible) or replace the electrical part of the door lock. Small microswitch that can be pesty at times, really.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Well I have tried holding it for a couple seconds but the door unlocks before i release. So it is something electrical huh. Figures.
YUP! and if it does the same for both doors then i would move upstream and check to see it there are other switches or relays leading to the door circuits.

You did not mention year and model, so i can't say what to look for and where to probe :eek: ...

·
Registered
880 Posts
I also have this problem 95 M3. Where is this micro switch located in the door. It is something I'm going to need to take care of soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.