BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets say you buy a BMW.... and one day months later you decide to take off the tires to change out the brake pads... and you take off all the lugs, and by jov! the wheel wont come off... it appears to be locked... and you dont have the key.

?what do you do?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A. Hate the person who sold you the car

B. Brake the lock

or

C. I have no idea.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I chose ©

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
go buy a key for it :idea2

·
Registered
497 Posts
You can try to find a lock key but it's not always very easy to get a key to fit, that's why they are security/anti-theft locks. The easiest thing to do is hammer an old 1/2" drive socket onto the lock and then impact it off. This works 90% of the time so long as you are careful. If that doesn't work then it's going to be a little difficult. Then you will have to drill/cut the lock off or better yet, tack weld a 1/2" extension to the end of the lock and impact that off.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Dremel that mofo! But be careful and hold that thing TIGHT or else you will REALLY screw somthing up and you'l be very pissed.
I dont really recomend doing this but it'd work although destroying the lock. I'd do it.
Wait a sec, Didn't you say you took all the lugs off? Huh?

·
Registered
95 Posts
and you take off all the lugs, and by jov! the wheel wont come off... it appears to be locked... and you dont have the key.
you have to get the PUK code for it.... :eek:uch someone help me Im lost here :idea2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts