BMW Werkz banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Teh Peetsa Gai
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, we had snow sunday night here in North Carolina... Only about 2 inches, but for this area, it's a lot. People freaking out everywhere... I finally got my car running again, so as soon as I see that it's super nasty/icy outside, I tell my wife.... "I think I'll take the bimmer out today".. she gave me the "you must be stupid" look (married guys, you know the one). I said "but Heather, my car is all kinds of underpowered, I don't have to worry about a thing!" (325es=120 hp woot)

eeeeeeeehhhhhhh!!! Johnny, tell him what he's won!!

After taking his "underpowered" BMW in snowy/icy conditions, Adam manages to slip and slide in every gear, and around every corner on the way to work! (yup, you guessed it, legal drifting, grins from ear to ear) I came close to losing it once, got about sideways, then saved it... My wife was following me in the Touareg, so I couldn't mess around too much... only one donut. But, tons of fun.

I love RWD+light car+manual transmission, don't you?

Drive on, Bimmerheads.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Good story! Everyone of us pretty much has a clue what you are talking about...I'm waiting to break in my new clutch before I do anything really fun like that...just keep it safe brotha! :driving :clap2 :cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
You manual transmission people and your so called... "fun"
You should be ashamed of yourselves.

·
Science Roolz!
7,043 Posts
Originally posted by ganjacyde@Dec 22 2004, 11:36 AM
yeah i was having some fun like this about a week ago, then i found myself in a ditch with 7k in damages...oh well, it was still fun at the time.
[snapback]256357[/snapback]​
damn, if i had a license i'd do it, lol

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Originally posted by ganjacyde@Dec 22 2004, 11:36 AM
yeah i was having some fun like this about a week ago, then i found myself in a ditch with 7k in damages...oh well, it was still fun at the time.

Instead of going into a ditch I would just force a 180 using E-Brake.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Originally posted by Live_the_Curves+Dec 22 2004, 05:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Live_the_Curves @ Dec 22 2004, 05:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ganjacyde@Dec 22 2004, 11:36 AM
[snapback]256506[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]
... yah, then slide backwards into the ditch....

It's ice dude, not asphalt...

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
Yeah i was having tons of fun monday too until I ended up going sideways from a side road onto a main road and missing a lincoln that was going at least 40 by a few inches...

i was sort of pushing it on the side street by going wot and having myself go sideways down the road... and then i hit the area of complete ice... steering inputs meant nothing, brakes just pumped back with abs, and i slid straight towards the road past the stop sign. i had two options... go straight through a 4 ft tall stack of snow/ice and wreck the car or steer (which way i steered i know not... my instict decided that). i glanced left and saw a fedex truck in the right lane and in the left lane a red car aproaching... i slid into the furthest lane (was trying to go right), tires screamed, i corrected... and almost got sideways on that road too because the car suddenly got so much grip.

guy barely missed me... and then later i ended up going sideways next to a bmw dealership, that was pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Originally posted by Torque@Dec 28 2004, 08:06 PM
Yeah i was having tons of fun monday too until I ended up going sideways from a side road onto a main road and missing a lincoln that was going at least 40 by a few inches...

i was sort of pushing it on the side street by going wot and having myself go sideways down the road... and then i hit the area of complete ice... steering inputs meant nothing, brakes just pumped back with abs, and i slid straight towards the road past the stop sign. i had two options... go straight through a 4 ft tall stack of snow/ice and wreck the car or steer (which way i steered i know not... my instict decided that). i glanced left and saw a fedex truck in the right lane and in the left lane a red car aproaching... i slid into the furthest lane (was trying to go right), tires screamed, i corrected... and almost got sideways on that road too because the car suddenly got so much grip.

guy barely missed me... and then later i ended up going sideways next to a bmw dealership, that was pretty cool.
[snapback]259910[/snapback]​
sounds sorta like what happened to me the other day, i had it all under control with the back end kicked out sliding through the snow, then i hit a patch of more slippery ice and the back end kicked out wayyyy to much and i lost it.. ended up almost completely spinning out, slid sideways for a bit then came to a stop horizontally in the middle of the road

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
at least u stopped, i just drifted out into the road in the middle of traffic. i dont want to know what could have happened if that guy was 100 ft closer to the intersection when i aproached/launched out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
yea snow is the shit!! My friends and I took my passat(5spd manual) to a snow/ice covered lot and whipped 180's it was cool and the great thing no wear/tear to my car in the snow!!!

·
W00T
2,714 Posts
Originally posted by bitcore+Dec 22 2004, 09:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bitcore @ Dec 22 2004, 09:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2004, 05:06 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ganjacyde
@Dec 22 2004, 11:36 AM

[snapback]256506[/snapback]​
... yah, then slide backwards into the ditch....

It's ice dude, not asphalt...
[snapback]256798[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]
thats when u throw it in reverse(moms volvo atuomatic) and floor it.

Dude ice/snow driving is amazing in a huge open parking lot. I dont know about on the road but i know the feeling. I have alot of fun in the rain with my "underpowered" 140hp 318.

45 mph reverse 360's are the shit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Usually we have ice tracks on lakes here during winter... I just love those with my "underpowered" 192hp 325..

This year the weather is crappy tho... usually by mid january all the little lakes have at least 20-30cm of ice coating on them... this year it's more like plus 6 degress celsius and even no need to use studded tires... usually studded tires are a must in our climate..

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
we don't get snow here, but when it rains (rarely) i have so much fun...

the craziest time I was coming home from school when it had just started to rain. I am making a left turn onto a four lane undevided road so I drop the clutch in second to get it out. well i underestimated the grip of the road (or lack there of) and got completely sideways, overcorrected and got completely sideways in the other direction...went back and forth in my two lanes at least 3 or 4 times, each time getting completely sideways (the front of my car was literally pointed straight at the sidewalk). Fortunately I was able to recover it (I was damn lucky) and continue with my drifting the rest of the day.

Funny part...I saw a girl from my school at a party that night and she was like "I almost saw you crash today" and I laughed. Then she was like "o shit, you did that on purpose didn't you?" CLASSIC!!!

-Adam

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
Originally posted by RealBMW 02@Jan 10 2005, 06:45 PM

the craziest time I was coming home from school when it had just started to rain. I am making a left turn onto a four lane undevided road so I drop the clutch in second to get it out. well i underestimated the grip of the road (or lack there of) and got completely sideways, overcorrected and got completely sideways in the other direction...went back and forth in my two lanes at least 3 or 4 times, each time getting completely sideways (the front of my car was literally pointed straight at the sidewalk). Fortunately I was able to recover it (I was damn lucky) and continue with my drifting the rest of the day.

Funny part...I saw a girl from my school at a party that night and she was like "I almost saw you crash today" and I laughed. Then she was like "o shit, you did that on purpose didn't you?" CLASSIC!!!

-Adam
[snapback]268288[/snapback]​
hahahah great.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Originally posted by RealBMW 02@Jan 10 2005, 04:45 PM

-Adam
[snapback]268288[/snapback]​
Haha, nice save. :nana

1 - 18 of 18 Posts