BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas my door panels both sides are bubbling (the leather) probably due to the heat etc. its a 94' 325 IS...can I fix this problem or have to replace it? does anyone know what im talking about? can N E 1 help? N E thing for sale? :D thanks...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,

Once the leather starts to bubble will it lead to blisters/cracks in the surface.

It's due to poor maintance during it's life, as it sounds like the leather has been drying out.

A solution could be to unfit the parts, keep them cool and add a thick leather treathment once a day for about a weeks time or so.

It will not remove the bubles, but it will delay the futher progress.

And then start to look for replacement parts.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In other words im screwed just buy another one huh? .........thanks...

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Originally posted by Eggrolled211@Aug 7 2003, 10:20 PM
is it where the leather is comming away from the door card......

if it is you can take a seringe with a fine needle attached and inject some glue behind the leather to addear it back to the card. :thumbs

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
You should replace it with stiched leather like M3Style95

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by fatty+Aug 7 2003, 04:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fatty @ Aug 7 2003, 04:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Eggrolled211@Aug 7 2003, 10:20 PM
is it where the leather is comming away from the door card......

if it is you can take a seringe with a fine needle attached and inject some glue behind the leather to addear it back to the card. :thumbs [/b][/quote]
I was thinking of that too but what kind of glue...silicone or superglue? will superglue harden up and damage the leather? and in reference to the stiched M3 door style anyone got it for sale? thanks fellas for your inputs........ :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts