BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you will winge at both these cars cos they are 1.8l and 2.0 auto's.
He had just got his prelude and we thought we would take em for a drag "long distance"
First race i used manual shift with the auto, but once hitting 3rd gear pushing it into drive wouldnt allow it to jump into 4th, and at 7000rpm well in red line, i had to slow down and watch him speed away.

Second race i used sports mode, he was quicker off the mark, well until around 160 where i brought him back in and passed him "long australian roads"

And to anyone who knocks the 318i i know there engines arnt built for performance, and they are extremely slugish off the mark, they seem to have a reasonable amount of power in the top 2 gears.

Last night i hit 205k's an hr or 128.5mph for anyone wanting to refrence it. I still had slightly over 1000 rpm to play with :p

bmw 318i m43 "not 42" vs prelude 89 2.0 4ws

Prelude wins drag, 318i is overall quicker, and looks twice as hot :p

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ur and idiot yes there was an m43 its an australian model, check the facts out before thinking you know better than everyone else

Do a good search bmw e36 m43 318i and ill bet u "ur wrong!"

"Cough" noob

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Originally posted by mmclaren@Feb 23 2005, 08:08 PM
Ur and idiot yes there was an m43 its an australian model, check the facts out before thinking you know better than everyone else

"Cough" noob
[snapback]298063[/snapback]​
he has more posts than you "cough" newbie "cough"

jk

good story none the less.

·
Registered
909 Posts
when you are shifting instead of putting it in drive, leave it in 3rd and put it back into automatic mode/

·
Registered
200 Posts
Originally posted by CiscoKid@Feb 23 2005, 10:41 PM
160km/h is like 99mph. There is no way a stock 318 auto can meake to 160
[snapback]297915[/snapback]​
I used to have an Auto 316i E30 (1991 - one of the last). I had that "over the ton" (100mph) on many occaisions. If a 316 can do it a 318 should be able to!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Originally posted by mmclaren@Feb 24 2005, 03:08 AM

"Cough" noob
[snapback]298063[/snapback]​
Your FACTS as it seems are that the m43 was an AUSTRALIAN exclusive model.

Now e30fanm3 may have been incorrect in his statement but your response is clearly over hostile - Particularly as you don't seem to have got your facts right yourself.

The M43 was for anyone that's interested produced for the following vehicles

M43 316i/318i/518i 93 to 1996
M43 316i/318i 96-98
M43 316i/318i 98 - 2002
And the early 1.8 Z3

to be sold all across the world including Europe, Africa, Australia and even the US.
Although the reason that e30fanm3 probably hadn't heard of them is that MOST 3 series below the 2 litre size in the US aren't 318i but 318is which all had either the m42 or the m44 engines

*Cough* Who's a fuckin NOOB *Cough* (and a prissy little kid)

·
Registered
577 Posts
i apologize, according to RealOEM.com the 318i sedan came with an m43 in europe starting in '94, im still tryin to get use to these fuckin european models, and im human so i made a mistake, get over your self

and how are you gonna make fun of me for bein a noob? you drive an automatic 318, gettin smoked off the line by an auto. gaylude

·
Registered
577 Posts
and according to that website we never had an m43 in the US, i didnt think i had heard of one. Yall have too many different models over there

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry for going off at you e30fanm3 but i did say in my post that it wasnt an m42 or m44 so u should have maybe check it out before you just started saying no such thing. And for a lame race, yes it was it was for shits and giggles. If i wanted a real race i would have been driving my hsv coupe 2002 which actually is a 4 sp auto but is 255kw v8. I dont know if you country sells these cars, but in Australia they are cheaper than a bmw, they look better but arnt as prestigous and well built. "My coupe has 77,000 and i have allready had a gearbox replaced under warrenty and a new radiator."
This car is made for straight line speeds unlike bmw's which are better off on tracks where handling is a big issue "bmw one of the best if u ask me"
So sorry again for going off at you, it just annoys me people that say there mind without knowing wat they are saying

BTW can anyone host a sig for me, ill put in my hsv and 318i
These are built by holden.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Originally posted by mmclaren@Feb 24 2005, 03:51 PM
BTW can anyone host a sig for me, ill put in my hsv and 318i
These are built by holden.
[snapback]298620[/snapback]​
Just go to your control panel and start an album. You can upload images there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 318 i've had to 125 mph (on speedo) and that translates to 117mph. My previous one topped out at 116, and kept bouncing off the speed limiter. However, this one appears not to be limited.
I was running back from wales on holiday, and just happened to be on a deserted 4 lane motorway (the M6) and decided to see what it would do. The GPS running was pure coincidence, although embarrasing when i got home and dad checked it (we were running convoy home)

It was still accellerating when i gave up (closing on traffic doing 70mph at 120 is scary) i reckon it'd probably do a indicated 130-135, real 125...
I'll probably never find out - my normal run to uni/work is 25 miles of dual carriageway, and i generally only average 80-90. Although if i'm angray about something i can get 110... over that the car doesnt accelerate hard enough to bother.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Originally posted by trs998@Feb 26 2005, 07:50 PM
My 318 i've had to 125 mph (on speedo) and that translates to 117mph. My previous one topped out at 116, and kept bouncing off the speed limiter. However, this one appears not to be limited.
I was running back from wales on holiday, and just happened to be on a deserted 4 lane motorway (the M6) and decided to see what it would do. The GPS running was pure coincidence, although embarrasing when i got home and dad checked it (we were running convoy home)

It was still accellerating when i gave up (closing on traffic doing 70mph at 120 is scary) i reckon it'd probably do a indicated 130-135, real 125...
I'll probably never find out - my normal run to uni/work is 25 miles of dual carriageway, and i generally only average 80-90. Although if i'm angray about something i can get 110... over that the car doesnt accelerate hard enough to bother.
[snapback]299810[/snapback]​
My 2.5 i6 only manages a little over 145 on the clock, no way are you only 10 mph behind me in a 1.8/1.9 4 banger.

PS to e30fanm3 - THEY DID HAVE A M43 IN THE US - DON'T YOU FUCKING LISTEN - I fight your corner and then you tell me I am talking shit - next time go fuck yourself.

And mmclaren - you seem to have gone quiet on the m43 being Australia only shit! - Not got a smart assed answer for me???

·
Registered
577 Posts
i was just quoting what that website said, realoem.com, i said that i was wrong about there not bein one but that site says there wasnt one in the US. Check it out for your self maybe i was mistaken, now chill out fucker i dont need you on my side

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well the only place i had heard of the m43 was australia and for that matter japan. My point wasnt where it was it was that they existed, dude get a fuckin root to relive some of your stress. And who would want you on there side,

respect for BeelZibub 0

1 - 20 of 21 Posts