BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Except for this one

The Hyundai Tiburon with v6 pumping out [email protected] and 185lbs of torque @3800rpm. Is one hell of a fast car with a 0-60 in 6.4 seconds with the 6 speed manual. Thats a fast car even faster for a front wheel drive.
With a shark like design its offen mistaken for a ferrari at a quick glance. Hence its nick name the korean ferrari. Projector head lights and even projector fog lights make for one atractive look.
The interior isnt much different. Black leather steering wheel with red stichting. Black seats with black and red mesh inserts that not only looks great but provide the support of a sports car yet provid a suprising amount of comfort with the shoulder supports and adjustable lubar stiffness.
The SE model creats an even more high end sports car look by providing a higher spoiler, alluminum pedals, painted brake calipers, a 6speed manual transmission, and electronic brakes that eaz up the understeer.

I like the car so much I bought it. Still a Bimmerhead but who could resist a car like that with a sticker price of just 19,000 off the lot.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
Hyundai has been putting out some really good vehicles in the past years. That v6 you got on your Tiburon is supposed to be a very very good engine. We need some pics now.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
umm dude.. bad buy
sorry
they're coming out with v8 rear wheel drive sports car
should have waited a year :)

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
How could it not look sexy after Pininfarina (sp?) got a hold of it?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
yeah sorry dude but i could too....

nooo thanks...but hey if thats wut u like then more power to ya its always cool to get a new car

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
superdeadman said:
umm dude.. bad buy
sorry
they're coming out with v8 rear wheel drive sports car
should have waited a year :)

Actually that was just a concept with some rumors added. They are producing a new tiburon which looks more like the lexus sports car. And it mite have a 3.3L engine. I'd give up a couple of horses for the ferrari look anyday. Pics will come soon once I wash it for the first time. Its black and red inside and outside almost a sith look.

·
Registered
13 Posts
WTF korean ferarri, were do you get that from??? i mean i like the Tibby but im no were close to calling a freaking Hyndaui a ferrari. they shouldnt be used in the same sentence. Also were r u getting times of 6.4 for that?? ive read a few places that its more like 7.4.http://www.modernracer.com/hyundaitiburonv6.html

idk man, its cool to like your car but making this car something its not is a different story.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Well.

318i<Tiburon<m3 ???

I bought my m3 for $17k. m3 FTW!

I'm not going to bash you for the car, it's not that bad, hyundai is much better nowadays than it was 6 months ago. I suspect that the car is much faster than your 318, but probably didn't handle nearly as well and will feel different (is there torque steer on that tiburon?).

Plus you get free maintenance for a while, right?

And for the record, That hyundai does NOT look like a ferrari. :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well it was a tuff choice between a M3 or this car but I went with it for the 10 year bumper to bumper warranty yes that includes paint and the fact that majority of the people in my area own a BMW so I picked something to stick out.

Yes its nick-name is in fact the korean ferrari. Supposidly (dont quote me on it) but since ferrari owns hyundai they assited in the design. It does look like a 360 crossed with a maranello.

I've been told those times are usually based on the 5 speed.

The handling is actually better than my 318. Less body roll, more traction, faster turning. I recently beat a moded 325is on some service road, his face dropped when I passed him at the corner, it dropped again when I told him its new so I didn't go over 4000RPM. I can't wait to see the performance after I add a LSD and chip.

FF is better IMHO as a DD since the FF allows for good take off and control in all weather. Understeer isn't as bad as I thought it would be since I take off ramps at 45MPH.

These are the pictures of my car. Projector head lights and fog lights, painted brake calipers, three tone seats( black leather with black mesh over red clothe inserts)

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually I have no intention on adding any ricer modifications. No farting muffler, dumb decals, a tanning bed claimed to be a spoiler, or chrome.

I like the deep sound that came stock, So adding a CAI, ecu, LSD is all I have intended for this car.

·
I am Teh Edumacator.
4,521 Posts
theironm0nk said:
Well it was a tuff choice between a M3 or this car
You're joking. Now I understand.

If it handles better than the 318, then the 318 has worn out suspension components that should be replaced.

·
Registered
13 Posts
this is disgusting, i cant believe u still think it is a ferrari. here is yet another site that said it isnt 6.4 as u claim.http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2003/03/31/158442.html and please tell me which one is better, or even better how they relate to eachother??
http://images.securedwebform.com/stock/300/hyundai/tiburon/2005/3co.jpg
OR

http://images.securedwebform.com/stock/300/ferrari/360/2004/2co.jpg

:confused: :confused: :confused:

sorry man i just cant come to think of a hyndaui on that level. i think its a nice car but the hyndaui will always be a ricer. hell i drive a ricer and i no it and am not denying it, but thats becasue thats whta i got and i cant change that. nice mods though, should be pretty nice. but for gods sake, stop calling it a freakin Ferrari:mad:

PS: get your facts strait before you start saying sh*t, guy above me knows what he is talking about and i got facts from more than one web site. you seem to be just guessing

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Please, let's stop the hating comments! Yes, I don't think it looks like a ferrari, but it doesn't look so bad either.

And I missed that part about the m3. I ... have serious doubts comparing the tiburon to the m... Otherwise we'd have been hearing it compared to things like the g35, 350z, and s4's....

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I never said it IS a ferrari its nick-name is "korean ferrari".

From your own article
"And it looks fast. Some have noted that it looks like the Ferrari 456 (left) and, you know, it kinda does. Course, that Ferrari resides in a class by itself, but a knockout knockoff still looks good, right? And you save Big Bucks."

http://www.fantasycars.com/Ferrari_456/Ferrari_456_Photos/ferrari_456_photos.html

As for the M3 I wasn't comparing the two cars. I had a choice $19,000 mint condition 98 Green E36 M3 or this car it needed brakes, tune up and tires. Since I can't afford repairs right now I went with the tusconi.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts