BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my son is going to cost me £100 because he had a go in my m5 (with out me knowing) and put a hole in the left rear tire he told me that he was just moving it out the drive so he could get in the garage and hit a bolt this story was sh1t because I had a mpg of 22.4 when I left to go on holiday and when I got back I had 18.4 so he must of been like shit of a shovel to get a mpg like that new come friday

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
you know what you have to do.... take him out back, and putem down, ol yeller style

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
When I have children and a M5 (I plan on getting the M5 first), my children will never get to drive the thing. The M5 is too badass to be driven around by anyone's kids.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Don't tie him, make him hold onto the trunk's deck lid lip where it meats the rear whindshield.
Do it once every year, untill he can hold onto it after he gets his\her liscence, then he can drive it.

Install a secret code thingy in there too like the transporter had.

Hide your keys, young drivers + an assfast high preformance sports car= BAD!!!
I know, I wrecked my dad's 80,000 jag because I underestimated the supercharged V8 and hardcore LSD in the back on bald tires and a wet fucking road.
I'll post the pics if you guys wanna see, I power slid into a truck during a fishtail.

·
Registered
315 Posts
mmmm supercharged v8 with lsd. I wish i had one, but for now, one wheel peelouts are KING. sigh

·
Registered
230 Posts
Originally posted by Stuka@Sep 5 2004, 08:16 PM
mmmm supercharged v8 with lsd. I wish i had one, but for now, one wheel peelouts are KING. sigh
Haha, I've never driven a car with LSD even. I wish I had one too! :D Kaaz has a good 2 way LSD conversion for the stock LSD in later differential models of the e30. But yeah.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Originally posted by komodo9@Sep 5 2004, 06:35 PM
Oh that SUCKS.  How old were you?  Pics!
me?

my car's the white one.

more here the guy in the business clothes is my dad, you can obviously tell he's pissed just by his stance...

BTW, my dad did the skid marks on the garage at an earlier date, left tire needed some air :p
Also, it's all fixed now, it was just body damage, thank god.

I underesimated it's real power, let it loose, and fucked up. Don't let your kids fuck with a car with more than 200 horeses to the wheels unless they are with you for the first time in an empty parking lot or a track, Get them experience BEFORE they experiment on their own... Besides, it'll be a bonding moment.
If you do get a car for them with more than 200 horses, be sure you are able to wire the traction control on permanently (IE: remove the button and hide the wires to the button, and re-install it after they know what they are doing.)
Completely fair, they have their engine power, and they arn't allowed to burn\spin out.
I was lucky, I could have been dead, I could have killed other people, other children, I could have killed someone else and I stayed alive and be charged with vehicular manslaugher for the rest of my life... Oh, and I could have totaled the car :p

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
my car has more than 200 horses :D
but ya i get what you mean...
even if it is a slower car, it can still be dangerous.... just look at all the accidents with kids involved.... basically teens suck at driving....

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Yah, I'm definately not saying be a hardass parrent... That's your choise.
If you give em 250 horses, they could kill themselves if they try to burnout or drift. At least take the ability to turn off traction control. They can still accelerate, but it's a lot harder to break loose and loose control.

Then teach them how to drive without traction control in a controlled environment.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i agree, i can't drive my dads 540i anymore cuz i get the urge to just go a little faster (so much power!!)

on a side note, i just found out that my car has LSD! :rock

·
Retired administrator
5,996 Posts
when I have a kid, hopefully a son, I'm going to make him build up his car himself, so he'll have some goddamn respect for it. I put almost a whole year and $6000 into my first new car and I practically had snipers posted to take out birds who flew overhead, lest they might shit on it.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
yah you need to scare your kid shitless so that he won't even think about driving your m5 even if you were telling him to take it. if it was me and you were driving the car all nuts like wtih me in it, that would just make me want to take it out even more

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Don't punish him directly. Because he didn't directly ask to use the car.

Remove one of the wheels off his car, or go do some mad donuts in it and yell at him for buring off the tires. And ground him for a month because of that. Then sometime at a later date when he's like "dad can I use the car for prom" be like "nope, because of that one time you took it out and got a flat tire.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I get kinda peeved when I hear people talking about how their parents got em a sucky car or whatnot. There are a lot of us out here that never got given cars by our parents, I'll gladly take any "sucky" car your parents get you. Hell, I'll even trade you for my geo.

·
Retired administrator
5,996 Posts
I don't complain about my dad buying me a sucky car, I complain when he makes me sell a car that I bought so he doesn't have to pay as much for me going to college.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
what pisses me off is when my dad tells me what mods i should and shouldn't do, even though i bought my car and all my mods. hmm, could it be cause when i move away to college he gets to drive it for a few years. yup thats probably it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
sounds like me and my moms old 944 turbo........ i never broke it though. and if i had, i woulda had it fixed. and made sure everything was back where it was. sigh, he needs to learn these things

1 - 20 of 28 Posts