BMW Werkz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys the bulb in my key broke. I still have my 625a battery and its working fine. I am unable to put in an LED because they require around 3.5V and the 625a cell that fits in the key puts out only 1.5V so does anyone know where to buy just the bulb? Pretty much anything with a 5mm with that takes 1.5V. LED's don't cut it. I have the key like the one in this auction but I do not want to pay $20 for the entire unit when I can get a bulb for like $2.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2447555555

Thank you.
-Gary

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
isnt there away to fit in a LED? couldnt you just change out the battery? my current light is sooooo dim that its useless and i have this other led light thing that you press in to turn it on. it would be great if it was possble to fit it in there.....

·
Registered
263 Posts
why bother fixing the key light? it's pretty much useless. you should just buy some proton light. you can find some cheap ones at walgreens or target stores.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Just go to the dealer and get a new one....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, I'll just be a badass and incorporate TWO led's in my key. They you guys would be all like omgomgomg and be jealous.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Originally posted by FNinjaP90@Dec 11 2003, 05:56 PM
Hmm, I'll just be a badass and incorporate TWO led's in my key. They you guys would be all like omgomgomg and be jealous.
not really....i'll be like OMGOMGOMG he has a RICE KEY!!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yea RIG it!!! :rock I got my bulb new from the dealer with battery is the same as befor I say RIG it take some pix and post it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts