BMW Werkz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Help from over the pond
3,239 Posts
Ive just purchased one for my 7 and it has a place for the sensor your talking about, if the car is running fine etc, I would just tape it up and put it out off the way, if the car is not good, you will have to do a modification so you can get the sensor back in.

·
Registered
667 Posts
don't you get the same power from a cai as a K&N drop in filter i understand that what you have set up there keeps the hotr air coming off your motor but I read up that the drop in does the same anyways looks good feel any difference

·
Registered
15 Posts
If You Really Want Some Fresh Air To Come Into The Short Ram, Take Out The Hgh Beams, Take The Covers Behind The Headlights Out And Put A Screen On The High Beams For Some Real Air Rush!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
How about about the noise factor? I put CAI on all my Subarus just to hear that boxer scream!!! ah the thought makes me need to change my pants!

<<<<<----Should have heard the Legacy after I dropped the SVX EG33 in it with a CAI (Check the Avatar)... wow

IF it sounds good I'll do it. I put one on my Miata once but took it off for it didn't sound all that great. I never expect a gain from these things just the noise factor for me...

·
Registered
15 Posts
not much more noise then before. I put the CAI in my '08 nissan quest and that thing screams. the beemer does do so bad. certain cars makes different noises. my VQ35 motor is a screamer for sure. most of the beemers i have do not though. i was hoping that my 325ix would have made a little noise at least. but nope......boohoo!

with crispy1st's set up and the high beams out of the way, that should make a descent amount of horses and great throttle response.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw somewhere else someone was worried about the added noise, but I haven't heard anything different.

ps. Just a month ago though I did have a magna flow muffler and pipe installed so as a result I don't hear anything except for that. lol.

·
Im Bluffin With My Muffin
5,992 Posts
^ lol try straight pipes:rule i had a panel finter did a tiny bit but mostly psycological:D removing my high beam did nothing... so I put it back in and got angel eyes...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts