BMW Werkz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
This is my first post to the forum as I have just purchaces a 2000 323ci (64K miles)yesterday. The only glitch in the transaction of the vehicle is its location. I live in upstate NY and the car is located in Southern California. So i have decided to fly out this weekend and drive it back to NY. I know it may sound a little crazy but thats me :bravo Be for I start the journey back, I want to know what items besides the obvious should be checked. The previous owner said the car was just serviced by the dealership and will make the trip fine. Are there any trick items tha I should be aware of with this car? Do you guys have any advice, shortcuts, or speedtraps I should know of? I am sure that I will be asking may questions as time goes on. I have been a bimmer fan my entire life and have finally purchaced one. A dream finally realized. I look forward to chatting with you guys.
Thanks in advance
D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
welcome aboard NYBIMMER!! :welcome B)

congrats on your new ride!! :thumbs wow, from cali to ny. that's a long trip. your car will do fine on the trip. i would just check the hoses, oil, oil filter, air filter, tires (you know, just the usual maintenance)

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Hey welcome fellow upstater in NY!! B) I'm in Binghamton, you??

Btw how'd you find out 'bout the bim you're purchasing??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys
Thanks, i am real excited about the ride. Ski, I am only 15 minutes down the road from you in Owego. I found the bimmer on eBay of course, where else...

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Originally posted by NYBIMMER@Sep 3 2003, 06:39 PM
Hey guys
Thanks, i am real excited about the ride. Ski, I am only 15 minutes down the road from you in Owego. I found the bimmer on eBay of course, where else...
Wow, no shit!! Cool man, we'll have to chat on IM sometime!! :thumbs

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ah-HA! It's you New Yawkers taking our rides away! I knew it! :guns

Hehe. Nice ride, bud. Bet that's gonna be a fun road trip going home. B)

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
sweet I got mine on EBAY as well. i was born on LI. but lived in florida most of my life

·
Registered
26 Posts
U guys think it'll be cool to buy cars on ebay??? .. im always scared of getting a broken car?? got any hints to buy cars on ebay???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by BmWNoobie@Sep 3 2003, 10:54 PM
U guys think it'll be cool to buy cars on ebay??? .. im always scared of getting a broken car?? got any hints to buy cars on ebay???
check at carfax.com.........?????!!!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Originally posted by BmWNoobie@Sep 3 2003, 10:54 PM
well it is easier from a dealer because *most likely* it will be clean and running well however dealerships ARE shady. personal sellers are a different ballgame. if at all possible go and check the car out before you purchase. it is definately worth it

·
Registered
81 Posts
WOW! I almost bidded on the BMW! I watched the auction, but decided I was too lazy to go that far to get it. (I'm in AL). Hope you enjoy it!...it looks decked out! Sweeeeeeeet :rock

·
Registered
316 Posts
Man you just bumped a Month old topic lol Nice job.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just made a similar journey but from Texas to Canada. Don't foget the most important piece of equipmentof them all. RADAR AND LASER DETECTOR

1 - 17 of 17 Posts