BMW Werkz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owned a 93 VW corrado before this and all the guys on vwvortex were cool as hell, just seeing how it is here. Owned this for 5 days now, loving it :D

It already has a Dinan exhaust system, intake, and fuel management.
38k on the clock
some puurty 18" wheels
and Im installing a custom made computer in it (im a computer tech, cant resist)

Not into racing it (on the streets that is) nor am i looking to make it faster. I've wanted a BMW for awhile and I saved up and bought it outright. =)
More pics:

whatcha think?

-Brett

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
welcome aboard!! :welcome B)

that is a BEAUTIFUL car!!! nice rims!! :thumbs :thumbs

i would suggest getting some clears, tho.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome aboard, beautiful car, I used to hang out on the Vortex for a while when I had my 2003 Passat GLX, that is one of the largest forums out there for sure.

What do you think of the engine sound and the exhaust? On mine I can literally hear the car moving through the shift points as the engine is very smooth but audible. Its only somewhat of an annoyance on mine at speeds above 68mph, the throaty but somewhat nasal drone of the engine can be a little much on occasion.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the exhaust and intake sound nice. Although on my C i had straight pipe, so the bimmer is hush hush... :D Only thing that im not fond of is the whistle noise that the intake makes. Around 2k it will kinda make a turbo spool noise to 2.5k...

-B

P.S. Thanks for the compliments :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
:welcome Nice looking ride. Really like the black trim around the headlights. Let us know what you do to up the performance. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Black trim around the headlights? uhhh, isnt that the weather seal? hehe, i guess it is kinda K()()l aint it?! :p
I'm not looking to do any performance mods to it, if I was gonna even think of doing that I'd just buy an M3 :driving

Thank you for the Feedback :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$28,630 after tax and license I think it was a good deal... All the other 01's I was looking at were priced at 28,500 + before taxes. :goodness: And they had 50,000 miles or more on em :screwy

:cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts