BMW Werkz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how long its gonna take to get my baby here!

How long did each of these steps take to you all that ordered new cars?
Thanks

On Order---Scheduled for Production---Awaiting Transport---En Route--At Prep Center---At Dealer

I WANNA :driving -----> NOW :banghead

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey - I placed the order for my 2004 325 ci converitble with my dealer on September 10. It arrived at the dealership on November 13, I took delivery on November 15. There was some sort of holdup toward the tail end which dealer described as unusual, delayed delivery by about a week. The BMW website is ok for keeping you informed generally on delivery status - not much detail, though, and it can be off by 4 or 5 days as to exactly which phase your car is in.
I know how you feel, seems like it took forever to arrive. Made worse for me because when I ordered the car I had not actually seen one. I placed the order with fingers crossed and hoping that I would like it - not much risk there, i figured, it is after all a BMW. And man was I right - absolutely gorgeous and drives like a dream.
Anyway, the time flies and you'll look back on the wait as having been kinda fun. I do.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
the average delivery time on special orders are generally 6-8 weeks. sometimes, it takes less time, and sometimes longer.

the website is ok, but if you want the up to date and specific info on the status, just give your dealer a call. they have all the info for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts