BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok hello i am new to forum,,

i have an 83 528e with an engine that cooks the cat. converter withint a month of getting a new one...
hmm well i figure it's an internal prob with the engine, which means money..

well i noticed that there was an 82' 528e sitting right next store to me

i ask my neighbor about it.. AND>.

the interior sucks BUT the top end of the engine has been rebuilt...

i talk him down to $300...
THE only thing about it is... the motronics box burnt out.. i can get another one for 100 (used)

but i was thinking i have two bmws hmm one for driving one for screaming??
any suggestions what i can do to the old booger to make is scream?

and wtf does the motronics box do? (if someone has a link to a site that explains it that would be great,) i just assumed it was some type of control module that help the computer along with stuff.. any way thanks for suggestions..

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
the motronic box basically IS the computer... there are other components but i believe that it is the main part. (not 100% sure)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so like, you think it would hurt anytihng by getting a used motronics box??

another question can i get performance chips for such an old car?
and third question heh

you think i could take the motronics box out of my 83 528e and stick it in the 82 528e?????????

·
Registered
391 Posts
Their should be a model number on the control box. Make sure that the replacement module has the same model number on it. I put a used L-Jectronic module in my old e30 318i and it was fine. But like I said make sure that the numbers match. The motrinics box controls the electronic fuel injection, does the '82 run?
Ben

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the motronix box it burnt out, he showed me the box casue he removesd it and it had that specific "burned out" smell to it, so no at this point the car is not running

that is why iw anted to see if my box would work to make sure it was only the motronix box

what could cause the box to burn out???

electrical probs maybe????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts