Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:thumbs

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am a Car Audio Manager at a local shop in Tampa, FL and I can tell you this gear rocks. We have been a JL dealer since they 1st opened and I use all their gear.

I have 3 W7 8" subs, a 1000/1, a 450/4, 3 sets of their XR650-CSI, 1 set of XR525-CXI in my kicks and a XR400-CX for my center channel all in MY 01 Jetta show car.

In the M3 I am selling my JL Audio 8" Stealth Boxes and putting in one of those boxes you posted about with a 500/5 to run the entire car.
You should go for it man and look at it this way, you can always remove the box when you want to race you car at a track.
:rock

Oh but one thing, which size sub did you plan on buying? The 8", 10", 12" or the 13.5"?
That amp is way too much power for the 18" or 10".

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh the 13.5. i just run one subwoofer so i can have the maximum trunk space and still have some punch

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah the 13.5" is bad ass.
But you could more power than just one 1000/1 on that dual voice coil sub.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
one sub and one amp is enough for me

·
Registered
52 Posts
It will sound great that's for sure.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK next question is how do i install it to the existing stock stereo system? where is the amp located for possible use of RCA line out adapter?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I replied to your message

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
roger thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
i just got my w7 sub for my 325I but not hook up yet waiting for a amp

my friend brother owns a audio store here in San Diego...and there show car is a H2 with 4 w7 subs with 4200 watts power to them...and damnnnnnnnnnn it has so much bass

·
Registered
52 Posts
Originally posted by PoCkEtBoI@Oct 3 2003, 11:45 PM
i just got my w7 sub for my 325I but not hook up yet waiting for a amp

my friend brother owns a audio store here in San Diego...and there show car is a H2 with 4 w7 subs with 4200 watts power to them...and damnnnnnnnnnn it has so much bass
So what amp are you looking for? I am get almost anything might want.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had the JL 1000/1 and JL 12w7 installed in my previous car. I sold them and opted for new equipment. That amp is the most power hungry amperage sucking peice of metal ever....yes it pounds and it was loud and deep as hell, but not worth burning through a couple alternators in my opinion. If you do run that setup, plan on spending 500-700 for a custom built high output alternator and at least a 5 farad stiffening capacitor. I had that setup with JL seperates and I cant fault the equipment, but just make sure you know what you are getting yourself into...this is all show car SQ SPL quality stuff you cant skimp on the details with this stuff. Definitely plan on porting your trunk to the cabin. PM if need more details

1 - 13 of 13 Posts