BMW Werkz banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK im gonna get a system in my car and i have around 1500 to spend... I WANT BASS!!!!!!!!
I want a new headunit... All new inside speakers and something in the trunk that rocks the car....

QUESTIONS>>>>
-Is 1 reallly good 15 inch sub better then 2 ok 12s????

-On e36s... does the trunk rattle alot????

-Since I don't use the back seats much... if I place the subs in the trunk facing the cabin an fold down the rear seats... will that sound better???

-Should I get an amp for the inside speakers??? or will the head unit be enough

I understand 1500 isn't gonna get me TOP of the line shit or anything custom but I think it is enough for what i want...
ok thats it for now

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by RedTape@Jun 26 2003, 06:18 PM
OK im gonna get a system in my car and i have around 1500 to spend... I WANT BASS!!!!!!!!
I want a new headunit... All new inside speakers and something in the trunk that rocks the car....

QUESTIONS>>>>
-Is 1 reallly good 15 inch sub better then 2 ok 12s????

-Since I don't use the back seats much... if I place the subs in the trunk facing the cabin an fold down the rear seats... will that sound better???

I understand 1500 isn't gonna get me TOP of the line shit or anything custom but I think it is enough for what i want...
ok thats it for now
save your money and buy a stage 1 turbocharger from AA tuning

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOOK the HOES want it so i give to them.... and they want a system in my car!!!!!!!

I would rather get a body kit and some 19's over a turbo kit... right now

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by RedTape@Jun 27 2003, 12:14 AM
LOOK the HOES want it so i give to them.... and they want a system in my car!!!!!!!

So you're getting the system because of the ladies? I can see your future, in about 10 years you will be p**sy whipped, then divorced paying 3/4 of your paycheck to that same woman.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by GreenDragon+Jun 27 2003, 08:39 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GreenDragon @ Jun 27 2003, 08:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RedTape@Jun 27 2003, 12:14 AM

So you're getting the system because of the ladies? I can see your future, in about 10 years you will be p**sy whipped, then divorced paying 3/4 of your paycheck to that same woman. [/b][/quote]
:yup :yup :yup :thumbsdown id always mod the engine before i put a system in my car

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Originally posted by GreenDragon+Jun 27 2003, 06:39 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GreenDragon @ Jun 27 2003, 06:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RedTape@Jun 27 2003, 12:14 AM

So you're getting the system because of the ladies? I can see your future, in about 10 years you will be p**sy whipped, then divorced paying 3/4 of your paycheck to that same woman. [/b][/quote]
he must get plenty of women calling them "hoes" i know that works for me!!!

i really need a stereo system in my car, all my speakers combine to make the sound of one normal speaker, if that. but i'm keeping my baby stock, how else do you think i can run low 12's?

·
Registered
569 Posts
one 15 could hit harder than 2 12's it just depends the power being put on it, the box, and the type of sub being used...I myself am about to begin building my demo system for here at the stereo shop i work at...Gonna go with one eclipse titanium 12, an eclipse 1000 watt amp on the sub, 3 eclipse component sets with a big 4 channel eclipse amp...and i am also going with an ohio generator 160 amp alternator....you can get alot with 1500 just look around

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
wow its your car but your doing whatever the ladies want...what are you talking about gd hes already p*ssy whipped

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Originally posted by Fruityone@Jun 27 2003, 01:23 PM
wow its your car but your doing whatever the ladies want...what are you talking about gd hes already p*ssy whipped
:rofl

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by Fruityone@Jun 27 2003, 09:23 AM
werd... I would go with performance over sounds and looks :werd:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look my car is 11 years old... It has 120,000 miles.... 325is...

I don't think going crazy on "performance mods" is worth it... The car is not an M3...

I bought a Brullen Race exhaust... AA CAI and a Tuner Motorsport Chip.... this week!!!!! The exhaust should be here on MONDAY.... maybe I will add a straight pipe and power pullies but that is it....

I want to get a 99 Dakar Yellow M3 when I go to college and then I will mod that for serious.... the bolt on mods I will keep

I was joking about the hoes and such but it is embarrising when some fucker pullls up in a P.O.S and his system is rocking my car!!!... I listen to rap music and right now it sounds like shit.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by RedTape@Jun 27 2003, 12:58 PM

QUESTIONS>>>>

-What inside speakers are the "most important" to get good ones??? rear, tweater, midrange ???
can someone help me with my questrions...

And thanks SCARFACE for your usefull reply

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Hmmm Mr. RedTape..now that the shoe is on the other foot maybe you'll think twice about joking around on others ppl's threads..

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
i think 2 12"s will sound better than one 15". You will get more clarity overall. And so depending on the box you choose. Sealed boxes will give you that big thump that you can feel. Bandpass boxes gives the loud booms. Personally, sealed boxes are better because bandpass boxes washes out the bass; you dont quite feel the bass, and thats what is all about, feeling bass! You will probably spend 1/2-1/3 of the $1500 for an amp. Try to get something nice:) Those mono-block type D amps are ideal for bass. And btw, make sure you correctly match power for each sub. Its bad to under OR over power subs.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK after reviewing my options Im gonna save up 3K and get something "special"

·
Registered
569 Posts
hey redtape, if i were you i would go with the 12(s) as woobie said...I just dont think there is the need for a big 15 in the trunk of a nice bmw...do a really solid 12 or maybe 2...I have changed my plans for my setup to something a little more mild..I already have a nice 5 volt Eclipse cd 5442(got it for free to demo in my car), I am about to have my Eclipse pa5532 5 channel amp...Gonna run the front 4 channels on 3 eclipse component sets(one set in my kick panels, one set in my doors and one set in the rear deck...Then i will run the 5th channel on either a Eclipse aluminum 12 or a titanium, however i don't think that amp will push one of those subs...Then I am gonna take my computer out that shows my distance and all that and mold a eclipse 6.8 screen right there, that computer doesnt seem to accurate anyways! But hey theres nothing at all wrong with doing a nice sound setup, some people prefer performance where others like a nice quality sound and dont care as much about performance..to each his own...i like both!!!

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
but he is putting in a sound system because "hoes" want it...im putting in a system in my car because i want the system

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
use the money to buy a clue ...

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
may i suggest alpine, eclipes, xtant, kenwood, kicker(i dont like but its still good), and JL. Panasonic is on the borderline. Sony sucks total ass. Be cautious with sony. They look cool, they have cool features, but they just malfunction in like a year.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts