BMW Werkz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got it painted, sorry for the dirt, drove the 10 miles home and it already looked like that. The roads here are covered in salt and sand.

Found a little hole-in-the-wall shop run by a father and son here in little Fredericksburg, VA and decided to give it a shot. Had them paint and fit the front and rear bumper, hood, fender, mirrors and grille assembly. They also cut a hole for the fender's side marker and repair scratches in the roof and trunk lid. They did it in 3 days and cost $900. I was blown away by the job they did it's damn near perfect. Other estimates ran me up to $3000 for the same job. It's coming along little by little, actually quite nicely considering I only make 8k a year :shifty

·
Ich bin der Modifikator
3,323 Posts
Very nice........looks great.......did you end up getting M bumper from DDM tuning?

jb

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
Seriously man. Your E36 is looking just like mine was supposed to. Want to buy m side mouldings (they just say ///M... no M3 posing here) and 17" ZHP replicas with Kumho ecsta asx tires (about 2000 miles on them)? I'll give you a good price.

Also, look up the E39 m5 trunk lip spoiler mod for teh E36. It fits great and goes with the style you're putting together.

·
Millions of them.
14,879 Posts
Car looks great Brian.

edit: "hole in the wall" shops or people doing work on the side are great. A guy that used to work at a high end shop for 20 something years fixing Bimmers and Benzos fixed my Suby when I wrecked it for a fraction of what it would have cost me anywhere else ... couldn't even tell that the thing was wrecked when he got done with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts