BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead Hey everybody, was wodering if any one had an answer to my Heating problems...OK here it goes. .my heat is intermittant. When Im driving the air comes out of the vents warm and when I stop or let off the gas it gets ice cold. The engine temp seems to be ok sitting about half way when warm, its been a cold winter, I need to get this fixed.Look foward to hearing from you guys..Thanx

I have a 92 325i auto with 120K on it.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
AC/heat is not an area Im too familiar with, but I would assume that part of the system that switches from hot/cold is stuck half open/closed. My other guess would be the thermostat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Heater Core!...if you look under the dash at the rugs u might see antifreeze and leaking under the car..
you could have a hole in a tube to your heater core

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey Brendan430-

i think you might have just solved 2 problems i am having. I posted awhile back saying my rear drivers side floor stays drenched and sometimes my front drivers side as well. I found a small leak in the front due to my my door not being sealed off properly but this water wouldnt be enough to soak or even get to the back.

Now with the TEMP dropping so low i am noticing that my heat hardly ever blows hot...it is intermittent at best- could my problem be what you are talking about and if so what is the solution----thanks

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
If you have a leak in the tubing, then you need have the tubing replaced. Most gas & service stations will do a free or cheap AC/heat inspections, which should include the lines.

·
Registered
50 Posts
if your not leaking coolant and the engine temp is always normal . . . then its most likely a water valve (to the heater core) or blend door (under dash) problem. it also could be your inside temp sensor (if you have climate control)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey guys, thanks for all your answers, I dont have any leaking and no wetness on the carpets. Could you let me know how to test to see if the parts mentioned in the previous post are in fact faulty and give me a ball park figuer of what they will cost to replace...Thax again ....Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts