BMW Werkz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i motor went found a great deal on a 95 m42 swapped over full harness, dme, and coils. went to start and nothing. starter just clicks, will not turn over. not sure if this could be caused by the ewsII or not. does not have the #66 pin so i'm stumped there. is it possible that if i use my old harness, coils, and dme it may fix the problem. please help need insight!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
hmmmm. firstly check the battery is ok (sorry to state the obvious), secondly check the earthing strap (on a uk spec as you look at the front of the engine it is on the left hand side at the front at the bottom. big thick brown cable, can't miss it). take it off at both ends and give it a good clean with a dab of copper grease over it. this happened to mine after the engine change, another tell-tale sign of this for me was the windows didn't have enough of a good connection and did sod all. give that a go and let us know.
the dude.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.