BMW Werkz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
quality
7,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to install a second data link cable on my Data Link-B port as shown below. A google search led me to the chart below.

I already know that our E46 the Data Link-A port is always used for the CD Changer/Sirius function prewired cable that ends up in the trunk. And the Data Link-B port is usually used for AUX-in function only when adding AUX input to the Radio.

But I want to have two CD Changer data link cables in my car one each off the A and B ports. So one will power my Sirius/CD Changer and the other my USA-Spec Ipod Integration kit.

Will this work or is the picture below the correct code for our Alpine Business CD53 17 pin radios Radio? Is the B-port and AUXiliary Port ONLY? or will it serve as a second CD Changer/Sirius port?

My car already has a BMW Sirius Receiver using Data Link Port-A and I wan't to use Port-B for the USA-Spec Ipod Integration.

This is what I'm trying to do....

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
I think that is actually how it is supposed to work, so you should be fine. However, to be honest, I am not certain.

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
Havent messed with those Del, sorry, no help from me. Sounds like it should though...

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
Well if your sticky was of any use I would'nt have to ask now would I? :p

http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/audio-electronics/wiring-diagram-most-bmw-radios-45420.html

That sticky couldn't be anymore useful if it was stickied to my hairy nutsack!

;)
Well, for one, I wrote that in 2005, remembering what I worked on in years past. That sticky was geared towards most of the people that come here asking about a '00 and back, because most people that buy new BMWs are fully satisfied with the system that comes stock. Currently, its the late '80s to late 90's owners that are asking questions about installing an aftermarket headunit and the parts needed. So to the people it was written for it works fine. To your one-off question, no it doesnt apply. You are asking about an '06, I have personally not worked on, especially with what you are trying to accomplish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts