BMW Werkz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I wonder if you guys can help me with something.

I'm looking for an E30, preferably post-87. I found an advert at a local online classified where a guy is advertising what he says is a late model 318i E30 and he stuck by that when I phoned him about it. There's a little picture that he added to his advert, but to me it's not looking post-facelift. Can you guys take a look at it and see what you think? Is this a post-87 E30?

I've attached the original picture and an IrfanViewed enlargement.

Thanks,

waterprism

Attachments

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It looks like it has body color bumpers, that's good. The deck spoiler looks a bit bigger than OEM.
Thanks, witeshark.

Yeah, the bumpers do look color-coded, which I also thought was good. But it's the front bumper/spoiler that doesn't look post-facelift to me. Usually the post-facelift front spoiler will be larger, or deeper, than that, wouldn't it? The bottom of post-facelift E30 front spoilers go down a bit lower than halfway down the front wheels - or so I've thought - like the picture I've attached below. The pic from the ad looks like the front spoiler ends less than halfway up the front wheel.

Attachments

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, witeshark. But that picture that I posted above is a 318i, isn't it, not is. And it looks different, especially at the front, to this guy's. Another thing that made me wonder about this guy is that his advert said it's a '93 - which is impossible unless it was a 2 door. I gave him some benefit of the doubt on that one because we're in South Africa, so it could have been manufactured here late '91, early '92 and then registered '93, but I'm obviously a bit skeptical now and would like to know if I'm looking at a post-facelift before I go out to see it.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys anybody know which one of the Volvo front spoilers fits the E30? One of the guys in the yard the other day said he heard that the 740 or 940 "Wagon" front spoiler fits our cars, you flip and slide it on. 89? It's actually deeper by 2 inches than our stock ix spoiler and it fits right on. Any help on this will be most grateful. I pulled one off a wagon at pull-a-part and it looks like it will work but I haven't bought/tried it. Just wanted bounce some questions of you guys. Squirrel

· Registered
5 Posts
why u wanna try volvo spoilers for ur e20. don't spoil it. go for bmw spoilers. they are far better.
Because they come 2 inches deeper than factory E30. Besides I took off the divers and put the 91 bumpers on and I can roll under my car with out a lift now. The front end is way to high. Who cares about stock, those days are gone. I'm dropping a S52tu engine in from a totaled Canadian 325 anyway, bigger injectors and a flashed card. Kein mir belt. All you do is flip the volvo spoiler upside down and it pops right into the clips on the bimmer, no modifications at all. Looks like it came on the car day one. And it's 2 inches deeper than the IX spoiler. Later, I have to go fix another plane, if it has oil in it it's going to leak. I don't care if it's Roll Royce or German or American these dang thangs always have a leak. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.