BMW Werkz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 03 330d with a bigger intercooler, so i have removed the aux fan, but when i installed the intercooler i managed to drill a hole in the ac condenser:frown: but now i have ordered a new condencer and i was wondering if the fan is needed, i have no issues with engine temps now, but is the fan meant for the ac cooling or mostly engine? if so i have to find a new way to install it.
thanks for any answers! greetings from norway:grin:

·
Registered
119 Posts
i have a 03 330d with a bigger intercooler, so i have removed the aux fan, but when i installed the intercooler i managed to drill a hole in the ac condenser:frown: but now i have ordered a new condencer and i was wondering if the fan is needed, i have no issues with engine temps now, but is the fan meant for the ac cooling or mostly engine? if so i have to find a new way to install it.
thanks for any answers! greetings from norway:grin:
If you are in slow traffic on a hot day (i suppose unlikely in Norway?) with no aux fan you may overheat, and if you do it will either be a blown head gasket or a cracked head. (with a petrol engine it is almost a given)

BMW's do not like overheating at all (speaking from experience with a 1989 e34 525I)

So the "auxiliary" fan is not just for the a/c but is an important part of the engine cooling system: therefore needed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts