BMW Werkz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alot lately when under hard acceleration sometimes when going into 2nd or 3rd gear it grinds and i mis shift and get it again when i try the 2nd time...then sometimes when im downshifting when coming to a stop(i like doing this to take stress off the brakes) it grinds when trying to go into first but holding the clutch down coasting...any ideas?

oh another thing, sometimes when i first drive off in the morning it seems like it hesitates some and the acceleraction isnt smooth, but after about a mile it stops...

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Could the tranny, but could also be the clutch.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
what he said

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
wait actually i was having small problems like that but then after i changed fluid it was ok again

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
My friends mustang gt has that same problem.....he punchs it thru first and second...but then when he goes into third i duck below the dash from embarasment cuase it goes WRREEECHHH GRRRG GRRR CLUNK CLUNK CHIG CHIG CHIG....we haven't figured out what to do with it yet....so we just slowly shift into third after second :p

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I say you should try changing the tranny fliud. If that doesnt work, I think it may be your clutch thats going. The grinding is most likely caused by worn synchros or worn clutch.

As for the hesitation, thats cause the car isnt up to operating temp yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts