BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im going Saturday to a place in Jersey, they will install the Blitzsafe adapter in muy car and run a wire right near my cigarette charger. In my cigarette charge I will put the Transpod, and this cable will plug directly into the Transpod. When its all done, all I have to do is place the Ipod in the cradle and it will play through the car radio and charge at the sae time, without me having to connect wires into the ipod everytime i get in the car. I have the Itrip and FM modulators are just not cutting it in NY. The only problem is I have to wait two weeks for the new Transpod to start shipping. Anyone any else have their Ipod hardwired into their car yet?

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Well Im not sure about the stock system but I know that a custom deck (pioneer, visionlink....) has inputs in the back so you go to the store and get a very common cable that goes from the top of the ipod (the headphone jack) to a y split (red/white) then put that in the back. There are many tutorials online

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
moving to audio

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
What model is your car? Some of the later pioneer made systems using the Pbus technology can have an adaptor easily installed that allows for RCA inputs into the stock unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts