BMW Werkz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
It prolly is..most mid-engines have that aftermarket option..

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
actually those things are all over l.a. i dont think they have much function since the intake actually grabs air from a side vent...or from air flowing beneath the car

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
It is supposed to act like a ram air intake. You can tell that it is only a single turbo because if it was a twin turbo he would have that intake on both sides. I almost baught an mr2....I am much happier that I baught a bimmer instead.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
it's for the intercooler, but since he only has one I doubt that is a turbo model and that guy is just a poser.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I saw one with the same airscoop. Man that car looked odd.

·
Registered
878 Posts
maybe you were all fooled and that was really james bond. :blink:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
theres a guy i race with who has a mr2. Those are functional intake rams. The mr2 is only a single turbo so it only needs 1. I have seen people put on a 2nd one and route it to disperse over the intercooler though. They actually do add quite a bit of power ESPECIALLY on straightaways and highways and similar. I mean a big difference... maybe 15. Its because unlike a front engine, if theres a big hole in the front bumber air will "flow" more or less into the engine bay. But the design of the mr2 is pretty bad because its 1. rear engine mid if you want to be technical. And 2. the rear area dips immidiatly after the roof plateau and similar to a Del Sol or El Camino and this creates a vacuum that is pulled along with the car. Bad air flow. Ram Air... nice increase.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
i have driven under that same overpass in Oahu

1 - 12 of 12 Posts