BMW Werkz banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Blaupunkt Acapulco MP52

Unfortunately it illuminates in blue (not red), but other than that it looks pretty close to factory (the camera flash made it look lighter, but its a very dark grey color).

You can also see the XM Commander "installed" in the sunglass cubby.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Originally posted by 007ben@Nov 16 2004, 11:49 PM
Alpine 9835 with the oh so sweet biolite display...

The daytime pic i hadn't yet set the buttons to be amber like the rest of the dash yet but everything but the screen changes color.

[attachmentid=15179][attachmentid=15180][attachmentid=15181]
[snapback]232422[/snapback]​

oh yeah, that is the way to go. Thats the one i am planning to get.... I didn't want to get an HU that didn't match the interior lighting...but the new alpines do and the 9835 is the best one...well best one under $1000.

You can get them on eBay for like $350...retail $550 in stores...blah.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here's my Clarion in my explorer

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is out of my '95 325is, now wrecked. I'll post some pics of the same deck in my '96 328is.

AND ECLIPSE IS BY FAR THE BEST SOUNDING HU ON THE MARKET

·
Registered
862 Posts
I got my Alpine 9831 on the way. Nothing beats Apline. I had Eclipse in my last car which was a great cd player for the money, but like I said nothing beats Alpine when it comes to head units. I have a unit much like yours IAN and 007 Ben, on the way. It looks nice in your cars, I hope mine looks just as nice. I'm going to set it up like the orange amber also.

I can't wait till it gets here! :cheers :rock :thumbs B) :wave :) :driving :lmao2

·
Registered
862 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Do you guys have any tips on installing the alpine unit in the bmw? I hear it's a bitch to install. Should I get a wiring harness and antenna adapter? Are they necessary? Also, does it fit right in the dash or will I need a mounting kit? Thanks!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Originally posted by 007ben@Nov 16 2004, 11:49 PM
Alpine 9835 with the oh so sweet biolite display...

The daytime pic i hadn't yet set the buttons to be amber like the rest of the dash yet but everything but the screen changes color.

[attachmentid=15179][attachmentid=15180][attachmentid=15181]
[snapback]232422[/snapback]​

Ok so i got that unit (9835)...getting ready to install...from looking at the pics of everyones HU's, i guess you don't need any kind of plastic plates to put around the face of the unit to make it fit?

Just checking...i hate getting into installations and finding out i have to drive to the store to get more parts... :p

·
da_administrator
4,840 Posts
Originally posted by bitchincamaro@Sep 6 2004, 04:13 PM
you know where i can find the adapter i need? (bmw cd changer-to-aftermarket HU)

having trouble finding it on the internet, and the kids at the local electronics store are not too sharp...

thx
[snapback]181901[/snapback]​
Ive been doing car audio for 18+ years now and as far as I know they do not make an adapter to run the BMW changer from an aftermarket HU. They do go the other way (BMW hu to aftermarket changer, for those that are wired for it but no changer or if the changer goes bad). The older ones ('til around 95-96 depending) take a pioneer, and the newer ones take an alpine changer. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Originally posted by da_bull+Jan 26 2005, 03:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(da_bull @ Jan 26 2005, 03:39 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-bitchincamaro@Sep 6 2004, 04:13 PM
you know where i can find the adapter i need? (bmw cd changer-to-aftermarket HU)

having trouble finding it on the internet, and the kids at the local electronics store are not too sharp...

thx
Ive been doing car audio for 18+ years now and as far as I know they do not make an adapter to run the BMW changer from an aftermarket HU. They do go the other way (BMW hu to aftermarket changer, for those that are wired for it but no changer or if the changer goes bad). The older ones ('til around 95-96 depending) take a pioneer, and the newer ones take an alpine changer. Hope this helps...
[snapback]279513[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

I belive the changers pre 95 were alpine (the hu and changer that came out of my 94 were alpine). I think pioneer was later... hard to say for sure.

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
da_administrator
4,840 Posts
Originally posted by 007ben+Mar 7 2005, 10:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(007ben @ Mar 7 2005, 10:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2005, 03:39 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-bitchincamaro
@Sep 6 2004, 04:13 PM

thx

[snapback]279513[/snapback]​
I belive the changers pre 95 were alpine (the hu and changer that came out of my 94 were alpine). I think pioneer was later... hard to say for sure.
[snapback]306157[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

My '90 525 had a Pioneer (Pioneer ironically called it an M-30) 6 disc that loaded from the front:

I cant remember what year they changed but I guess it was in between 90-94 :D

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Time to represent with the pioneer.

Pioneer DEH-P4700MP

[attachmentid=22442]

I'd like to add that i am not the idiot who bent the plastic on the dashboard. That was the previous owner who decided to take his pioneer head unit with him (I know this because he left the case for the faceplate in the glovebox when I got the car) and replace it with the worst JVC head unit possible. He also messed up the wiring of the head unit which was a royal pain to figure out when i replaced it.

And for a night shot:

[attachmentid=22443]

Attachments

41 - 60 of 84 Posts