BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your insurance premium go up and does it get recorded/sent to carfax if you find your car with bumper damage? It's merely a respray job, but what would the insurance company say?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bumper Damage

I recently had some some minor bumper damage and got an estimate from the BMW body shop. I specifically asked whether the repair would appear on carfax reports and was told - no it would not. Also, I (my wife) would be paying this out of pocket - no insurance company involved.

I have a series of scrapes across the bottom edge of my front bumper, which would have to be sanded out,and then paint matched. My wife took my "new to me" (13,000) 2011 328i straight out of our driveway - nose diving into the pavement. :( We've only been in and out of this driveway for 22 years. And many of those years were in a Miata. Go figure!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is hard to answer your question since it relies upon an assortment of variables. I recently had some minor bumper damage and got a gauge from the BMW body shop. However, my insurance agency which is moneyexpert.com paid for everything and I didn't have any issue with them. On their site, you can discover more information about them. I surmise that you changed the insurance agency which is obviously, and I hope that you came across a better one to not have such an issue any longer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts