BMW Werkz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting to change my instrament cluster from the 318i top speed of 140mph to another cluster..... one from a 325 or something..... it has a top clock read ot 160 i think....

basically cause i can t get thoese nice electro luminesance faces for mine.... but there are loads for the others....

i wanted to know if it would cause a problem with miss readings or it will correclt y display speed, rev, mpg, blah blah blah.....

cheers

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
hmm, thats odd. My 318 has the 160 speedo.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I don't believe that will work because your sensors will be calibrated for the older cluster and will throw off your speed and rpms.

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by ME-TAZ@Jan 15 2004, 10:23 AM
I was wanting to change my instrament cluster from the 318i top speed of 140mph to another cluster..... one from a 325 or something..... it has a top clock read ot 160 i think....

basically cause i can t get thoese nice electro luminesance faces for mine.... but there are loads for the others....

i wanted to know if it would cause a problem with miss readings or it will correclt y display speed, rev, mpg, blah blah blah.....

cheers
the m3 was the only one to have the speedo at 160

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yeah my 325i also goes to 160

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Originally posted by El Presidente@Jan 15 2004, 05:56 PM
sure about that?
thats the first one i have seen :confused

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it is a bit dtrange that mine has the 140mph max.... but it was a change over year 1993/94 318i (8v) 4 cylinder......

i think ill find one at a scrapy and try it for a laugh.... if it works ill let you know.....

·
Registered
434 Posts
If you swap clusters, you'll get a manipulation dot in the odometer area. This little read dot indicates that the mileage/cluster was tampered with. The mileage of the vehicle is stored in another module :p for backup purposes, and if they don't match the manipulation dot will come on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts