BMW Werkz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just removed the instraments from the dash, and changed the bulbs for blue LED's by adapting the bulb holders..... But, its abit dull.... i have even used 2x LEDs in each holder..... :idea2

I presume its got something to do with the plastic that sourounds the clocks is tinted orange which is making them seem dull..... :banghead

dose anyone know any different???? or has a solution..... :pissed2 and i dont really want to spend out £40 on those illuminated dials.....

cheers

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Not sure how to help you on this one. Sorry. Your hypothesis sounds right though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ive heard that blue doesnt really work when replacing the LEDs in a dashboard, like you said, too dull. if you wanted to stick to blue, you should move up to stronger bulbs or use a different color. i did this to a supra, changed from nasty light green to a dark red. very ominous

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
well changing the whole thing over is painstaking. there are lots of bulbs you just wont find in a blue, and the OBC needs to have a filement changed not bulbs. the bulbs are already white, there is an orange filiment that creates the orange look

1 - 5 of 5 Posts