BMW Werkz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I must say I am also a fan of the ‘One Stop Electronics’ cable. I had purchased a cheap K+DCan cable(there are even cheaper ones now!) years ago and it was ‘dead on arrival’ but I did not realize it until like 2 weeks of mind frazzling trouble shooting (a big freakin’ waste of time).*

in fact,all seems good from the pcb.
The internal PCB looks nice and tidy, but again, this was 'Dead On Arrival'. The main FTDI chip's SMT job was also sloppy. Actually the*FTDI*chip's plastic housing has been partially melted, due to heat from soldering the horribly placed LED pins right up against the main processor.
(Pic. 4)

to read carefully, the dirty solder job(on the left PCB where the OBD pins are soldered). Turned out 2 OBD pins were NOT soldered properly to their base PCB and were detached.
(Pic. 3)

then no way... buy another K+DCAN. big diffeence... you see the PCB.
Very fine work, bridged soldering of 2 pins is intentional.
see (Pic 1&2)

the K+DCAN cable i buying from:
INPA K+CAN for BMW Free Shipping on obd365.com

hope this helps anyone in need of Inpa cable

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I must say I am also a fan of the ‘One Stop Electronics’ cable. I had purchased a cheap K+DCan cable(there are even cheaper ones now!) years ago and it was ‘dead on arrival’ but I did not realize it until like 2 weeks of mind frazzling trouble shooting (a big freakin’ waste of time).*

in fact,all seems good from the pcb.
The internal PCB looks nice and tidy, but again, this was 'Dead On Arrival'. The main FTDI chip's SMT job was also sloppy. Actually the*FTDI*chip's plastic housing has been partially melted, due to heat from soldering the horribly placed LED pins right up against the main processor.
(Pic. 4)

to read carefully, the dirty solder job(on the left PCB where the OBD pins are soldered). Turned out 2 OBD pins were NOT soldered properly to their base PCB and were detached.
(Pic. 3)

then no way... buy another K+DCAN. big diffeence... you see the PCB.
Very fine work, bridged soldering of 2 pins is intentional.
see (Pic 1&2)

the K+DCAN cable i buying from:
INPA K+CAN for BMW Free Shipping on obd365.com

hope this helps anyone in need of Inpa cable
link is dead
Newest INPA K+CAN for BMW With FT232RQ Chip with Switch

1 - 2 of 2 Posts