BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warranty and free service is up at the dealer, want to find a good place in Santa Monica/Marina del Rey, CA to get my service done. Are places like Jiffy Lube, etc. good to go to?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
some of our CA members may be able to help you locate a good service. i do know that JiffyLube is one of the places not to take your bimmer to. in fact, some of them will not even take a luxury car such as BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, etc.

check around and talk to the people and see what they have to say. there are some places that specialize in german cars and do not charge what you would expect to pay at the BMW dealers. you can look in the phone book to locate these.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I agree with AZ check around. Were I live there is only one independent service center were they work on bmw :banghead . I took it there, honestly I was not happy. I got an oil change expecting them to put a synthetic oil in but put a poor quality conventional oil the color looked like the same oil i had in it before the oil change. put a sticker to remind me to change every 3000 miles :nope . They rotated my tires which i did not expect them to do nor did they need it done. So called Inspection 2 service i could have done that and saved 500 dollars

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked around and found some BMW shops that have the right equipment and software to do the service. I've been quoted about $400 for a type 2 inspection at two of the places, $550 at another. Is $400 pretty reasonable for that service?

Thanks guys-

·
Registered
159 Posts
yes it does sound reasonable. 4 or five hundred at independent shop sounds right. Go to dealer expect double for inspection 2. B)

·
Registered
391 Posts
I got my inspection 2 done at a dealer here in Colorado for $300. I thought that it was a pretty good deal.
Ben

1 - 6 of 6 Posts