BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and those were some great links by the way! vielen dank!

however, I am still confounded as to what I have!

according to VIN, it's either 85, or 86. and it says 325e, but there's the M thing on the right of the trunk.

wha?

Is this an M3? Is this a magic hybrid of efficency and super race fun time? what's my HP?

or maybe the previous owner, just slapped on the M for kicks....

and I can (could) do 50 in 1st gear under 3000 rpms, is this normal? or was more done to this than just an M badge?

thanks again!

peter

i have no idea what is happening to this smiley thing-----> :gay

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
the M badge was just put there by one of the previous owners.

i didnt understant what you meant by that first gear bit, but no its not normal to do 50 in 1st gear :D

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
lol wtf. 50 in first under 3000? no way. Previous owner must have swapped out diffs and was an idiot and put in taller gearing. 1st gear should top out at 40 somethin i think.

What is your redline? If it is 5k it is a E if it is 7k it is I That is by far the easiest way to tell.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh, when I said I (could) do 50 in first, I meant until my clutch slipped. still working on that....

anyhow, why was the previous owner an idiot for swapping the diff? Is this doing horrible things to my car? should I get rid of it?

the redline does start at 5000 so yes, it is an E.

now I'm really curious, is there a simple way to find out what diff ratio I have?
I guess I'll really know when she runs again.....

thanks!

peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts