BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, somewhat of a Newbie here but here's the situation.
You guys would know best. I'm trying to sell my 2001 Acura Integra Type R right now.
Im trying to get rid of my R for either a 328Ci, 325Ci or the E36 M3. I was driving around a E36 M3 when i was in LA. I thought it was a splendid car. I have my rendezvous with it already. Now im trying to look into something newer. Im 20 years old, in college and a die hard road race fanatic. I need a car that handles and i believe a 3 series would be an excellent choice and a worthy upgrade from an Integra R.

Price - Price is a concern for me. I think im only going to get about 18k for my Integra Type R. I don't really want to spend more than 22k on the 3 series cause its going to be used.

Model preference - Looking into the Coupes but an Alpine white one in particular.

325Ci - I was looking into this particular model because it seems like its affordable with some meat packed into it ( better than the 2.3 right? )

328Ci - I realize that they stopped making the 2.8's in 01 i believe. a little shy of 200 horses but i've driven one before. Very smooth and comfy. A little more pricey but i don't want a high mileage one. I actually have one im planning to look at. Its a 2001 Black/Black 328Ci with 50k on it ( the approx mileage of my R ). They're asking for 20,995 for it. I think i can pull that off.

E36 M3 - I love this car cause it does it all! it can carry 4 adults, outhandle some of the more expensive cars in its class, got good smooth power and torque and looks nice! Its just a little old though.

I just wanna know what to look for in particular when it comes to picking out the right choice and how much i should be paying for everything. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
get the M3

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Originally posted by Kenny Kong@Oct 2 2003, 06:04 PM
Hey guys, somewhat of a Newbie here but here's the situation.
You guys would know best. I'm trying to sell my 2001 Acura Integra Type R right now.
Im trying to get rid of my R for either a 328Ci, 325Ci or the E36 M3. I was driving around a E36 M3 when i was in LA. I thought it was a splendid car. I have my rendezvous with it already. Now im trying to look into something newer. Im 20 years old, in college and a die hard road race fanatic. I need a car that handles and i believe a 3 series would be an excellent choice and a worthy upgrade from an Integra R.

Price - Price is a concern for me. I think im only going to get about 18k for my Integra Type R. I don't really want to spend more than 22k on the 3 series cause its going to be used.

Model preference - Looking into the Coupes but an Alpine white one in particular.

325Ci - I was looking into this particular model because it seems like its affordable with some meat packed into it ( better than the 2.3 right? )

328Ci - I realize that they stopped making the 2.8's in 01 i believe. a little shy of 200 horses but i've driven one before. Very smooth and comfy. A little more pricey but i don't want a high mileage one. I actually have one im planning to look at. Its a 2001 Black/Black 328Ci with 50k on it ( the approx mileage of my R ). They're asking for 20,995 for it. I think i can pull that off.

E36 M3 - I love this car cause it does it all! it can carry 4 adults, outhandle some of the more expensive cars in its class, got good smooth power and torque and looks nice! Its just a little old though.

I just wanna know what to look for in particular when it comes to picking out the right choice and how much i should be paying for everything. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

I would definately fo for the E36 ///M3 more bang for your buck! :thumbs

If you're leaning towards the E46 well your options in that price range are:

323ci- 2.5 liter M52TU Inline Six with Dual Vanos (It's not 2.3 liter it's 2.5 lol) has Active Stability Control
170 HP but more torque than the 325

325ci- 2.5 Liter M54 Inline Six with dual vanos Dynamic Stability Control Instead of Active Stability Control
184 horsepower but not as much torque as the 323

328ci- 2.8 Liter M52TU Inline six with dual vanos has Active Stability Control
190something HP

Keep in mind you will save money on insurance if you get the sport sedan... However I don't think the price difference in insurance is that much... Now for the E36 ///M3 you will have to shell out more $$$ for insurance if I'm not mistaken.

Best of luck on your decision :thumbs

·
Registered
329 Posts
Don't sell the type r...Honda love man :cry . No wait. You can have my Prelude "M3" and I'll take your R sound fair?

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
m3 sedan man :thumbs

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
welcome aboard Kenny!! :welcome B)

most of us will say to get the m3, but you can't go wrong with any of them. i have a 325Ci and i love it. even though, the 325's may not have as much power as say the 330's and m3's, but it is a fast car. you can always mod it up later on for more power if you'd like. either way, any of the choices that you have given would be a good choice.

good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts