BMW Werkz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all. I've been lurking here for a while, growing a love of BMW's. Recently I picked up my very first car, an E30 1987 BMW 320i. 2 door, 5 speed, inline 6, all the goodies.

A bit of history:

A few months ago I was looking for my very first car (turned 16.5, got my learners, needed car). I originally was looking for an 87 Honda Prelude. One day my next door neighbours niece was over with her BMW. I loved the way it looked and thought that it would be better than any Honda. Fortunetely for me, she was selling it. She had put a few thousand dollars into it, fixing the head, brakes, steering etc but it was still causing her trouble. Long story short, I picked it up for $1500.

The next week if was off to the mechanics for a complete engine rebuild including rebored block, oversized pistons, new clutch, timing belts, radiator, hosing etc. While it was there new, low, suspension was put on, just to give it an even more aggresive stance.

This brings us up to present day. I absolutely love this car to death. The engine is easily it's greatest asset, being silky smooth yet oh so powerful. I'm currently looking for some good mods to go on it, so any input from you people would be greatly appreciated.

Other than that, I'd just like to say that this is an awesome board, and I hope to spend a lot of my spare time here.

-Trent.

·
Registered
45 Posts
hey hey im new as well i just a 86 325es for a fraking xmas present can u blive that shit but anyways its pimp i allso own a 85 audi 4000s quattro i will get pix soon but im happy to now oown my veryown e30 :deal

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
jesus you lucky bastard.

You just got a 325es for a birthdaypresent (or whatever) AND THEN IMMIDIATELY GOT IT BORED OUT!?

I hate you....

·
Registered
45 Posts
nono i got one for xmas darth grandma got his engine done mine hasnt got anything done on it yet and prolly wont for awhile i may look into chipping it weel see

1 - 4 of 4 Posts