BMW Werkz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i am new to this forum and am purchasing a bmw this weekend it is in between a 325i with a new clutch with 288 000km and runs smooth with no rust (1990) or a 325e that has 300 000km and needsa new paint job but for seven hundred dollars less and it comes with another complete engine for this make that has 174 000kms on it. I was wondering which was the better deal if the first one is $2700 and second is $2000 (1986)? Which car is faster and more reliable? I am not that mechanicaly savy but I want to learn so I want to try to do my own work on it. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciate it .

· Mr. Bacon
3,773 Posts
i'd go with the 1990 325i, because its newer and doesnt seem to need anything right away. You could learn to play around with the car instead of spending money right away on something. The '90 should have plastic bumpers compared to diving board on the '86.

· Mr. Bacon
3,773 Posts
My car has 272 000km and it runs fine, I know a guy who went over 300 000km with his car and he was racing it during the summer. If well maintained the engine will last a long time. Mileage doesnt really matter as long as the maintenance is done.

· Registered
458 Posts
My car has 272 000km and it runs fine, I know a guy who went over 300 000km with his car and he was racing it during the summer. If well maintained the engine will last a long time. Mileage doesnt really matter as long as the maintenance is done.
i support this ... Mileage doesnt really matter as long as the maintenance is done ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.