BMW Werkz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
Im not diggin the wheels, but its nice to see u back. We were really missing your knowledge. Welcome Back
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bmw1990 said:
Im not diggin the wheels, but its nice to see u back. We were really missing your knowledge. Welcome Back
I didn't get the wheels for looks I got them because they are only 15 pounds each. When I get my Racing Dynamics straightened and back on the car I'm probably going to toss the black wheels in my sand blasting cabnit and strip off the black and paint them silver. I would of gotten silver to start with but the place I got them from wasn't going to get silver ones till summer time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
O thats cool. Yea they look a lot better in silver. 15 Pounds is insane. How much are they a piece?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bmw1990 said:
O thats cool. Yea they look a lot better in silver. 15 Pounds is insane. How much are they a piece?
The ones I orginally wanted only weigh 13.2 each but they don't stock them any more. The ones I got were $124 each but I think they gave me a break because they were out of the ones I wanted. If I can find an importer for the 17's they are only going to weigh 16 pounds each.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,828 Posts
How come you can't order them factory direct? Do they only go through aftermarket dealers? If you were east coast I could probably hook you up with a company that might do it. What about a private automotive import firm? They might be able to get the 17's tacked onto a private import sale...


Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
nice im liking the rims because of the weight i know this is somewhat off topic and wrong thread but would any of you guys know where to get some 17x7 1/2 bbs two piece forged mesh for a good price because in my opinion i think that these rims look good on any bmw
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
german-speed-demon said:
How come you can't order them factory direct? Do they only go through aftermarket dealers? If you were east coast I could probably hook you up with a company that might do it. What about a private automotive import firm? They might be able to get the 17's tacked onto a private import sale...


Dave
Because I didn't have the money for 17's and I was tired of driving on the bent Racing Dynamics. Over the summer I'll have more time and money for the 17's so I can take my time finding a place that can get them for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
driftin325s said:
nice im liking the rims because of the weight i know this is somewhat off topic and wrong thread but would any of you guys know where to get some 17x7 1/2 bbs two piece forged mesh for a good price because in my opinion i think that these rims look good on any bmw
You are probably talking about the BBS LM which are between $750-$800 each in 17X8. That is if they don't have to make a special offset or lug pattern for your car. If they do I can see them being $900+ each.

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,828 Posts
AJ's320i said:
Because I didn't have the money for 17's and I was tired of driving on the bent Racing Dynamics. Over the summer I'll have more time and money for the 17's so I can take my time finding a place that can get them for me.

Understood. I meant that when you went to find a place to get them for you, perhaps an private firm could help. Either way, the 16's are the sex, either color.

Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
german-speed-demon said:
How come you can't order them factory direct? Do they only go through aftermarket dealers? If you were east coast I could probably hook you up with a company that might do it. What about a private automotive import firm? They might be able to get the 17's tacked onto a private import sale...


Dave
Is the company you are talking about called Absolute Pro-formance? They are in MD, I sent them an e-mail and they said they can get me the 17's. I'm waiting to hear back from them to see if I can order them in the correct centerbore and offset I need so I won't have to run spacers.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top