BMW Werkz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say your a high school student, like me, who has an E36 328is, 325is, or a 323is. You already have the car and you have a $6,000 budget. How would you spend the money on your car? (Take into consideration that you have college coming up and want to have some money left out of that $6,000, just in case anything comes up).

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
if its a 325is i would paint the sideskirts and the other grey panels. for any e36 i'd buy some european lights, ellipsoids, AA or UUC exhaust, and some subtle 17 or 18" wheels. those would only set you back around 3-4k

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Id spend 2-3k but no more than 3 on pistons, cam, and extrude honin me intake. and of coarse if i had any more get the split second.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
i would get chip, CAI, angel eyes/ellipsoids, clear corners, maybe some other small things here and there .. leaving like 2 or 3 grand for college

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking maybe getting a new intake, exhaust, and rims/tires.....maybe even a chip. That should cost around 3,000. I'm going to try to save half of what I make, so if i have much money left, I would look into some angel eyes and clear corners. Does that sound like a good idea to everyone?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Originally posted by Import2ner@Sep 4 2003, 09:45 PM
I was thinking maybe getting a new intake, exhaust, and rims/tires.....maybe even a chip. That should cost around 3,000. I'm going to try to save half of what I make, so if i have much money left, I would look into some angel eyes and clear corners. Does that sound like a good idea to everyone?
i would forget about the intake and get the euro ellipsoids instead

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
dinan force induction is 6 grand WITHOUT the software that it requires which is an aditional 500 so that wouldnt be the smartest move for a high school kid with 6k who needs college money

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
wheels, suspension, CAI, software

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
m3 engine!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
chip, wheels, springs, shocks, tires, strut bar, and the rest on my PC :bravo i dont really have any need to get from 0-60 much faster than the stock car can......well maybe i do :) but i wouldn't spend to much on just raw speed. However turbos are cool :naughty

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
why upgrade ur car if u can get a better engine and then upgrade for even more power???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts