BMW Werkz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey - just purchased a 2001 325 CI. I noticed that when I come to a red light the car drops below 500 rpm everytime and sounds like it is going to stall then jumps back to 500 rpm. It does all this in a split second. This normal?

Also - when I shift from 1st to 2nd I hear a thud sound. Not sure if this is normal as well on BMW's. The car only has 11,000 miles on it so I am not sure if this is normal or not.

Thanks!! :driving

·
ex owner/admin
10,839 Posts
your ICV may be sticking..

and as for the thud its kinda normal, how loud is it compared to before. BMW leaves a little play in the differential.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I will make note of that. No, the thud is not that bad - just never experienced that with my last manual vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi Noob, when you say thud sound do you mean that when you shift from gears to gears hard it makes the rubbing sound? I have a 328ci and it does that when I drive hard, but not normal driving. As for the idle, my cars idle jumps when its cold, but i had the bmw to update my software and it went away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info....Today has been the coldest it has been the last few days and the car idled fine! go figure. will have them look at it when it has to go in for service. The thud i heard is under normal driving - seems like it happens when i am slowing down and going from second to firsr. i sometimes hear it going from first to second though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the exact same problem. The thud is normal but the dropping of the RPM's below 500 is not. I'm taking it in for service in a week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts