BMW Werkz banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 325i with 203,000 miles on it. I failed emissions here in Maryland saying that my hydrocarbons were too high.. So too much unburnt fuel... I thought that maybe changing the spark plugs doing an oil change and cleaning my air filter would do the trick like a tune up.. While changing the plugs i found oil in the compartments so i'm sure i need to change the valve cover gaskets.. I was reading on the net about "cleaning" the idle control valve; that doing this may help the car run better and also maybe replacing the Pressure Regulating Valve/ Oil Seperator (PRV Valve) because it serves the same function that a PVC Valve does in American cars, it said in the Emissions manual that a bad PCV could be the reason i failed.. To be more clear in BMWs it is called a PRV Valve NOT a PCV Valve. Does anyone know how i can do these things and also how to check if i even need to do these things. Also how do i check for Vacuum leaks and where in the heck are the Vacuume hoses located.. Sorry i have soo many questions but answers to any would be VERY helpful...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts