BMW Werkz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey..I`m new to this forum and I must say that is really genius.. A really helpfull thing.

I have some questions that i hope someone can help me with. You see, I have bought a resistor-chip that is supposed to add more hp to the engine if I replace it with the IAT-sensor(Coolant temperature sensor) or the oxygen-sensor. The problem is that I can`t find any of them. If some of you have good pictures of their loacations I would be very happy. I don`t know if this upgrade gone give much satisfaction, but I really want to try it out...

Have found some pictures on the nett, but none of the m40 motor.
Yesterday I went like this :banghead

So pleeeaaaassss help..... :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
bah. Its a chip that makes the car run rich or lean depending on the chip. It may/will destroy engine seals and whatnot.

The oxygen sensor is on the exhaust header. its not that hard to find, its the only thing connected to it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi,

It's really not a chip - but a plain resistor, which jams the correct readings from air temperature sensor. I have tried it on M44, and it wouldn't give me any noticeable advantage. Note - your check engine light may come up.

I am really skeptical now about these gizmos, 'cause I don't believe BMW designers were ignorant enough not to know that engine heat would affect the readings of the air temperature sensor.

Resistor is very low-class :D If you want something that al least LOOKS more sophisticated, try smth like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=42604

It's not my auction and I don't know a thing about whether it actually works - but at least this thing doesn't bypass air-temp sensor all together.

·
Registered
31 Posts
POS POS POS :nono

1 - 7 of 7 Posts